Started building today, it may be a slow thread but here goes.... I started measuring and weighing each part to work up my OR file (still in progress) But first an overview.... The kit seems well manufactured and packed perfectly! No damages from shipping! Here's the kit laid out.... The odd thing is, it has 2 sets of fins but only comes with 2 centering rings, my thought is that each fin set should be "captured" by 2 CRs so it should have 4, I know it's designed by people who know WAY more than I but... I ordered 2 more CRs....only to discover that the lowest CR would be a little over 2" ABOVE the trailing edge of the bottom of the lower body tube If I butt it up to the aft fin set. I've read that the bottom gets dinged up sometimes on hard landing so I'm still deciding on placement of the bottom CR. Plus I'm still deciding on which motor retainer to buy since it doesn't come with one. Back to the overview...Let's start with the "bad"...not necessarily in order... 1. Parts Fit: The centering rings fit pretty loose on the MM tube and inside the body tubes. Not a big deal inside the BTs, but more so on the motor tube, it is glassine coated, which means that you have to sand it for glue adhesion, which means that it will get even looser inside the centering rings. Which means that things can get canted upon assembly, not a huge issue but one that could bite new builders going to something bigger that Estes kits/fits. 2. Glassine Coated Motor Tubes: I really don't understand why ANY HPR rocket manufacturer would use glassine coating. It inhibits adhesion with all adhesives (by what I've researched here on TRF), and to sand or peel it for adhesion, you thin and weaken the original tube structure, which seems to be counter productive to both rocket integrity and build times. JMHO 3. This kit should come with 4 centering rings...MHO If built as per instructions there are NO centering rings abutting any fin tabs. Again, the manufacturer knows way more than I, and many have flown this kit "as per", but I just have to build it with "thrust transfer integrity" (did I just make that up??? LOL)....which will be seen as this thread progresses. Now to the Good! 1. Body Tubes: Despite the glassine, they are well made, no complaints about the spiral seam thickness, the glassine on a body tube shouldn't affect primer adhesion for me since I like to start with duplicolor etching primer on all rockets. I'll have to sand a little deeper where my fin fillets will go but thats part of the "build monster" 2. Coupler Tube: This thing is BEEFY!!! I know that it's meant to be a "shoulder" with a bulkhead/chute-hook more than being just a "coupler" but this thing is nice. And you could absolutely use it to make an ebay. Here on the left is the Madcow compared to the Loc 4" coupler on the right...both 8" long. Madcow: .093" wall thickness, 4.3 oz Loc: .038" wall thickness, 1.7 oz 3. Nose Cone: Very nice seams/molding sprue! I've seen rougher seams on 2" Estes cones and this is a 4"! Should be a breeze for primer prep!!! PLUS it's POINTY on one end!!! LOL 4. Kit In General: I love this kit! It's a different facet from the usual "pop the nose" deploy rockets in the LPR/MPR range. You can go basic, you can go duel deploy and make your own sled and use the coupler that comes with it for your ebay (which I'm considering...maybe.....still above MY goals as yet). It has everything but the chute and the motor retainer...you can take it where you want, and I hear it's a pretty good flyer.....not so much a lander LOL! But I have ideas!!! So, ON TO THE BUILD!!!! The SLOW part!!! First I cut a ring section from one of the extra Loc tube couplers that I picked up when I bought the Goblin to go above the forward centering ring for "thrust reinforcement"....(my overbuilding) Measured and weighed for my OR file, I set it up using a "witness line" on the coupler tube before I added a bead of BSI 30 min epoxy. Then pushed it into place.... Then removed the coupler tube AND the centering ring and let the epoxy set up for about 20 minutes. Then I added another bead of 30 minute and installed the forward centering ring up against the reinforcement ring. Two separate parts, two separate glue ups. Then, I noticed I made a BIG BOO_BOO!!!! I've been doing 4 fin rockets and I used the "top" 2 fin slots to align the chute hook to the bottom of the BT center to be opposite of the side that I put the lugs/buttons on..... Well, this is a 3 fin rocket so I ended up with this.. Chute hook PERFECTLY aligned with a FIN SLOT!!!! Had to do a little trimming on a fin!!!! GEEEEEZE!!!!!! Anyhow, she fits good!!! So if you noticed, I installed the most forward CR without the motor tube. The plan is to install that after I bevel the edges of the fins (waiting for the Typhoon bit I ordered) and since the motor tube is kinda loose, I'll glue that up using a "dry placed" CR at the rear of the body tube shortly before gluing the forward fins on. Then I can "overbuild" by placing internal fillets before installing the forward fin-aft centering ring in place. More to come....slowly...LOL Thanks All!!!!