4" Jayhawk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one awesome rocket. Congratulations on the certification! now for the launch pics...:)
Reed

Nice pix, Marty.

Jana, from Slovakia? I thought that was your daughter! I wanted so badly to make some comment but thought better of it as I don't know you that well. :D Pretty girl.

Jeezus look at the size of the head on that guy!

Now you're just being mean! Ya Tree-hugger! :D

You're right - that flight was stylish. The spin on the way up was really cool. Marty canted the fins or added elevons (or whatever they are) just right. There was no corkscrewing - just a perfectly controlled axial rotation. Nice.

Originally posted by BHP
Now you're just being mean! Ya Tree-hugger! :D

You're right - that flight was stylish. The spin on the way up was really cool. Marty canted the fins or added elevons (or whatever they are) just right. There was no corkscrewing - just a perfectly controlled axial rotation. Nice.

Beautiful rocket, and I was amazed at how smoothly it spun on the way up. That looked really great as it flashed in the sun.

To be honest with you guys...I was trying to tape the flight and sort of missed it in reality. I commented to my wife today that I really want to fly it again and just sit back and watch and let it do it's thing. Everybody said it was way to pretty to fly, I did see it spinning on it's way up and thought "How cool is that".:cool:

Originally posted by Martin Vrstal
Here's a few pics. First off is our exchange student Jana from Slovakia. This was her first rocket launch.

Man, tell me she's at least 18 'cuz she's a looker and I was looking.
If she isn't 18, I'm going to HELL!
Oh God......

Greg

Congratulations Marty,

Really beautiful Jayhawk.

Congrats Marty!

L2 on a Jayhawk - sigh...That's a cert in style! Real nice!

Very, very nicely done and a beautiful rocket as well. Congrats on your L2 cert.

Back