4 inch version of the super big Bertha nosecone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back_at_it

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a 4 inch version of the super big Bertha nosecone. I recall seeing someone built or sold an upscale super big Bertha kit but I can’t for the life of me find the nosecone.

I’ve already talk to Sandman. He can’t currently do them because of the balsa shortage.

Anybody got an idea where I could find that nose cone?

Looking for a 4 inch version of the super big Bertha nosecone. I recall seeing someone built or sold an upscale super big Bertha kit but I can’t for the life of me find the nosecone.

I’ve already talk to Sandman. He can’t currently do them because of the balsa shortage.

Anybody got an idea where I could find that nose cone?
Ken at Performance Hobbies might have it in stock?

The NSL Big Bertha is a great kit. I think the nose cone is half the cost of the kit, if I remember correctly - would recommend just getting the kit and sharing the nose cone.

The NSL Big Bertha is a great kit. I think the nose cone is half the cost of the kit, if I remember correctly - would recommend just getting the kit and sharing the nose cone.
I’ll need to reach out and have a conversation with them. I know it cost money to develop these things but I’m not willing to pay 30 or $40 for a nose cone

I’ll need to reach out and have a conversation with them. I know it cost money to develop these things but I’m not willing to pay 30 or $40 for a nose cone

$40 for a specialty fiberglass nose cone seems pretty reasonable to me. 4'' Fiberglass nose cones are generally in the $50 to $70 range and the plastic 4'' nose cones are about $25.

Back