• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 4 inch 3:1 ogive composite tiped Filament Wound cone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverickrocketry

Reaction score
I have a used 4 inch composite tiped 3:1 Ogive Filament Wound Nose cone from Proline/performance/rocketry Warehouse/Composite Warehouse.

It is white fiberglass with a white paint job.

It has 21.3 oz of lead shot and epoxy in the tip. The coupler is glued into cone. See pictures. You can access up inside cone via removable bulk plate.

I am asking $70.00 shipped.

Private message me.

thanks

Attachments

• 20220311_143118.jpg
    20220311_143118.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 20220311_142735.jpg
    20220311_142735.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 20220311_142104.jpg
    20220311_142104.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Too much nose weight for me. I once bought a pre-built rocket from a person in here, I decided to drill out the epoxy to remove nose weight; big mistake, it took hours and dulled several drill bits because the person used 1/4” steel hex nuts for the weights and they were suspended in the epoxy at all angles. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE PAL, ROFL.😆😆😆

This is the nose cone that I'm going to need for the level three project if I ever get there, but the problem is, it is $60 which is what the price of the brand new nose come from Proline is. But with the lead already installed, I have no idea whether that's how much weight that I'm going to need or not.... if it's not the right weight then it's useless. And I haven't run the rocket in any simulation program yet to see how much weight I'm going to need.

This is the nose cone that I'm going to need for the level three project if I ever get there, but the problem is, it is $60 which is what the price of the brand new nose come from Proline is. But with the lead already installed, I have no idea whether that's how much weight that I'm going to need or not.... if it's not the right weight then it's useless. And I haven't run the rocket in any simulation program yet to see how much weight I'm going to need.

Actually, this nose cone from composite warehouse is 79.99 plus the shipping. i am offering this cone 60 bucks shipped. So your saving yourself 25-30 bucks over brand new.

The is cone has about 21 oz of lead shot and epoxy in the tip.

Back