4" FWFG Pluto SLAM Limited Number Available

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike2wander

MAC Performance Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just in time for the building season. We've put together a limited number of 4" fiberglass Pluto SLAM kits. There are only six available. The kits are filament wound fiberglass and canvas phenolic. This makes for great strength with a weight savings. They are not on the website and only offered here on TRF. We would like to thank you all for the tremendous amount of support we're received from the rocket community over the last 5+ years. If you would like one please PM me to make arrangements or email us @ [email protected]. $399.00

IMG_20201113_125121586.jpg
IMG_20201113_133955824~2.jpg
IMG_20180220_111815_429.jpg

4” FWFG PLUTO/SLAM (VOUGHT)
Specifications:

Length: 64 inches
Dual Deployment
Motor Mount: 54mm
Approximate Weight: 7.1 lbs.
Will fly on I through L motors
Content of Kit:
31" x 4" booster that includes: 23” FWFG tube with 8” FWFG tail cone
10" x 4" FWFG payload tube
54mm x 18" canvas phenolic motor tube
5.5:1 conical FW fiberglass nosecone with 1/4” Kevlar bridle -- 22" exposed
(3) 3/16" canvas phenolic beveled booster fins
(3) 1/16” G10 fiberglass nosecone canards
(2) 1/16” G10 fiberglass tail cone canards
1/4" canvas phenolic fore C ring with integrated shock cord attachment system that includes 3/8" tubular Kevlar booster harness
3/16" mid C ring
1/4” canvas aft C ring with a machined step in the OD to double as a thrust plate, plus a 1/4”canvas ring for nozzle detail
10" long machined phenolic coupler/altimeter bay
Altimeter bay includes: 3/16" canvas altimeter bay bulkplates with machined step to engage coupler, (2) aluminum 1/4" all thread rods and hardware,
3 1/2" x 5 1/2" 3D printed altimeter board, forged stainless steel eye nuts and 4" x 1" switch band
General assembly instructions

Just in time for the building season. We've put together a limited number of 4" fiberglass Pluto SLAM kits. There are only six available. The kits are filament wound fiberglass and canvas phenolic. This makes for great strength with a weight savings. They are not on the website and only offered here on TRF. We would like to thank you all for the tremendous amount of support we're received from the rocket community over the last 5+ years. If you would like one please PM me to make arrangements or email us @ [email protected]. $399.00

View attachment 438239View attachment 438240View attachment 438241
4” FWFG PLUTO/SLAM (VOUGHT)
Specifications:

Length: 64 inches
Dual Deployment
Motor Mount: 54mm
Approximate Weight: 7.1 lbs.
Will fly on I through L motors
Content of Kit:
31" x 4" booster that includes: 23” FWFG tube with 8” FWFG tail cone
10" x 4" FWFG payload tube
54mm x 18" canvas phenolic motor tube
5.5:1 conical FW fiberglass nosecone with 1/4” Kevlar bridle -- 22" exposed
(3) 3/16" canvas phenolic beveled booster fins
(3) 1/16” G10 fiberglass nosecone canards
(2) 1/16” G10 fiberglass tail cone canards
1/4" canvas phenolic fore C ring with integrated shock cord attachment system that includes 3/8" tubular Kevlar booster harness
3/16" mid C ring
1/4” canvas aft C ring with a machined step in the OD to double as a thrust plate, plus a 1/4”canvas ring for nozzle detail
10" long machined phenolic coupler/altimeter bay
Altimeter bay includes: 3/16" canvas altimeter bay bulkplates with machined step to engage coupler, (2) aluminum 1/4" all thread rods and hardware,
3 1/2" x 5 1/2" 3D printed altimeter board, forged stainless steel eye nuts and 4" x 1" switch band
General assembly instructions

Mike beautiful rocket and I love your creativity with bringing new designs to the market. This one needs a 75mm mount though and a L850 lol. If I had the extra money I would grab one in a heart beat. In the spring when you do a 6 inch with a 98mm mount , put me down for pre order . I just had to put our 14 year old lab mix down and I want to spread his ashes at 10k feet next spring in Potter.

Man, I want one!!!
But......... the Mrs. would surgically alter my physiognomy, via kitchen utensils and cookware, at the very least. :(

Maybe next year I'll special order one from you.

Just placed my order!

Mike, this kit looks fantastic! Can't wait to get started.

This will be my 3rd fiberglass kit from Mike. I got my L3 with his 6" Superfly, and my 4" Bolt is ready to go and will fly in December. The quality of these kits is just unsurpassed.

Keep them coming!

Brett

Holy. Cow.
Almost messaged you just last week about if these were still available.

Still just as awesome as I remember, and I am still just as cheap as you probably remember. Lol.

Dang.
:(

Holy. Cow.
Almost messaged you just last week about if these were still available.

Still just as awesome as I remember, and I am still just as cheap as you probably remember. Lol.

Dang.
:(
Its just money Mike, you'll make some more.

I saw this at the top of the feed and got super excited and then saw the 2020 dates.. has Mac Performance done any special runs like this since 2020?
Hi guys,
I get requests for the Pluto Slam quite often. The nosecone is the problem. The early/original ones used molded fiberglass nose and tailcones. They worked but we're less than ideal. For the ones pictured in this thread, I was able to get a batch of 6-1 filament wound conical nosecones and the tailcones were made from Wildman 4-1 nosecones. That combination worked excellent. Acquiring more of those cones is....lets just say complicated. If I managed to do another batch the airframes would be in our new X-Rated airframe.

Thanks for asking,
Mike
High Power....Enjoy The Ride!

Attachments

• IMG_20231205_205815624.jpg
    IMG_20231205_205815624.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Hi guys,
I get requests for the Pluto Slam quite often. The nosecone is the problem. The early/original ones used molded fiberglass nose and tailcones. They worked but we're less than ideal. For the ones pictured in this thread, I was able to get a batch of 6-1 filament wound conical nosecones and the tailcones were made from Wildman 4-1 nosecones. That combination worked excellent. Acquiring more of those cones is....lets just say complicated. If I managed to do another batch the airframes would be in our new X-Rated airframe.

Thanks for asking,
Mike
The 6-1 cones are the problem. The Wildman glass is a pleasure!!

Wow. That rocket is really cool. Too bad I'm 13 and can't even get a level 1 cert yet! Keep making awesome rockets like this, go mac performance!

I would buy one or place a deposit if this was available. Do you keep a list of interested parties?

Hi guys,

Thanks for asking,
Mike
Does that QCC rocket come in a 54mm airframe? :)

Back