4" Darkstar questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaturnV_

Reaction score
Hey,
So after losing my 2.1" Darkstar, I'm gonna start building the 4" Darkstar. I have a few questions regarding it that I hope you guys could help me with.
  • What diameter parachute should I go with? I would do a sim first, but I'd rather buy everything at once to pay for shipping once.
  • What diameter shock cord? I was going to get a Onebadhawk 7/16" tubular kevlar shock cord, would that be sufficient?
  • For the switch, I was either gonna get a key switch or the schurter one. Since this rocket is capable of breaking mach, I don't want to have a lot of unnecessary holes in the avionics bay. Could I just glue the switch through a hole without it interfering with the altimeter sled (i.e. is it short enough for the 98mm additive aerospace bay to pass by it?
Thanks a lot. I know these are kinda basic questions, but I was hoping you could help.

Best,
SaturnV_

Wildman is one stop shopping for the kit, motor retainer, bridal (1 inch kevlar strap), 7/16 kevlar harness with loops or bulk 3/8 tubular kevlar and rocket poxy .

Recommend the Wildman Recon 50" Chute ..all the recon line is solid..even better paired with the WM Recon Drogue .

4 inch is big enough to add a pair of Schruters in the vent/switch band and not interfere with sled removal or seating .

Kenny

Back