4" Composite Warehouse Bull Pup build question.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Taylor

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried and tried and tried to get a response via phone and email without success.
I purchased and received a 4" Bull Pup.
The motor mount tube included is 10" long.
Building the motor mount assembly requires the forward centering ring to go at the forward edge of the fin and fin slot.Then the middle centering ring goes at the aft end of the find and slots. Then there is a smaller centering ring which fits inside the boat tail. The aft end of the motor tube has to end up flush with the aft end of the boat tail.
Pretty straight forward looking and easy to see what was intended with the parts except the motor tube has to be +13" long to fit. Any shorter and the tube either would not reach the forward centering ring at all or not reach the bottom of the boat tail.
This is my #10 CW rocket build so I am used to figuring things out for myself.
It took so long just to get the kit and I didn't want to wait 6 weeks for another tube. Also I couldn't reach anyone for 2 weeks. So I decided to purchase a proper length motor tube from someone else.
The rocket is complete and looks great!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_9015326721224158240.jpg
    FB_IMG_9015326721224158240.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 2
I have the 8" version. The MMT does not go to the end of the boat tail. Leave it inset far enough for your retainer to still be inside the boat tail. This way she will sit on the ground level and not tip over.

I have the 8" version. The MMT does not go to the end of the boat tail. Leave it inset far enough for your retainer to still be inside the boat tail. This way she will sit on the ground level and not tip over.
The 10" motor tube was not long enough to protrude into the boat tail enough to reach. It would have ended up at the top of the boat tail so much so it would have burned up the boat tail.
The boat tail had it's own centering ring that fits one place in the tail.
In order to protrude thru the ring enough to put on the retainer, the tube has to be long enough to reach the top centering ring. All this spells out to 13" minimum.
I tried calling CW every day AM to PM for 2 weeks with no answer or call back. Hell of a way to conduct buisness. Sorry to say it out loud. Everybody knows it but nobody wants to say anything.
The CW product is great. The on sale prices are great. I have 10.
The customer service is terrible. I can easily forgive long waits on product delivery as long as CW is honest about the lead time, no problem.
Not answering calls
Not returning calls
Not returning emails
All for days if not weeks?
This is unacceptable.
Truth is I am amazed someone can treat their customers bad and stay in business.
A couple of years ago I cought Curtis answering the phone. I inquired nicely when I might expect my kit to be shipped.
His response" Well Rome wasn't built in a day"

Back