4" Colonial Viper kit.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was one of the owners of that major falling out. After dealing with a long battle to remove the other partners I made good on these kits and any other outstanding items that was owed before the company was disbanded. That company has nothing to do with Dragon Rocketry. Dragon Rocketry is own by me and only by me. There will never be another partnership again.

I was one of the owners of that major falling out. After dealing with a long battle to remove the other partners I made good on these kits and any other outstanding items that was owed before the company was disbanded. That company has nothing to do with Dragon Rocketry. Dragon Rocketry is own by me and only by me. There will never be another partnership again.

Scott , are you saying that everyone that ordered from the "other company" received either their product or a refund ? That is awesome.

Scott , are you saying that everyone that ordered from the "other company" received either their product or a refund ? That is awesome.

He made good for me - received my Colonial Viper several years later, but I really appreciated the make good. Life gets in the way sometimes, but making amends is a great way to start again.

Good of you to have done that, Scott.

I can attest to that. I got my 4" Viper. Got to say I was surprised and had written ever seeing it off. Thanks Scott for doing the right thing!!

If I decide to do some of these it will not be till after the new year. First, I need to go through the old design file and make some changes to improve on it. Also, I want to try and design a canopy out of balsa instead of the dumb paper canopy. The old design works but there is room for improvements.

If I decide to do some of these it will not be till after the new year. First, I need to go through the old design file and make some changes to improve on it. Also, I want to try and design a canopy out of balsa instead of the dumb paper canopy. The old design works but there is room for improvements.
I'm very interested! I've built and flown the Morerockets large one and it sits on a small shelf over my desk. :)

I also have the original Estes one in it's very cool box.

Sign me up! I will definitely order one!

I've got the 2 from MoreRockets. If a 4" one is made available, I'd add my name to that list but I'd also wait for the canopy upgrades.

Could you give some roundabout specs on the new design you might have in mind?

I would like to know the length a guess for weight, the size of the engines, tube size, and so on.
Just ballpark figures.

Could you give some roundabout specs on the new design you might have in mind?

I would like to know the length a guess for weight, the size of the engines, tube size, and so on.
Just ballpark figures.
It will still be a 4" dia kit. The changes have to do with how the tubes are attached to each other and the canopy I would like to try and design it in balsa over the posterboard paper I did before.

It will still be a 4" dia kit. The changes have to do with how the tubes are attached to each other and the canopy I would like to try and design it in balsa over the posterboard paper I did before.

Do have a file for the nose cone? This might be a cad file competition for the forum.

For the Orion Starfighter, I used Styrene instead of cardboard to make my canopy....

1669860618260.png

Back