4" Colonial Viper kit.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone get their Colonial Viper yet? Really wish it eventually shipped. Not just for the money i lost, it was a cool looking it.

I just couldn't resist resuscitating this zombie thread.

That is uncalled for. Checks cashed. Crook is no longer around here. Does anyone think there is a market for these?

I did get a kit, but he still ripped me off for nearly 400. He sold the business reportedly and it never saw the light again.

Chuck, any possibility of getting a parts list to put a kit together or have you already built yours? Feel free to call me.

I'm building one now, which is why I dug up these old threads, including his build thread. Many of my parts will be 3d printed though. FWIW, He owed me not only the Viper, but some AV bays, and bridles. I had purchased from him for a long time, and still have some of his stuff in my fleet.

That is uncalled for. Checks cashed. Crook is no longer around here. Does anyone think there is a market for these?

Yeah, I was also one of those who sent Scott Kissinger my money, $159 for the K&S 4" upscale Colonial Viper limited run kit that he promised us in this thread (+ $45 for e-bay option + $17 S/H) but never received the kit or a refund.

Chuck, if you are asking if there would still be a market for someone else to put together a limited run offering for a 4" Colonial Viper upscale kit, I know I would still like to get one - as long as there was going to be a ship date that provides delivery before any refund recourse expires :). I still have the 4" size decal set I purchased for the K&S kit before it became clear about the K&S ripoff. Maybe someone who might just happen to have a 4" upscale Viper kit would be willing to provide parts list/sizes, pictures, instructions, sim files, etc to help get such a "similar" kit offering produced. I would try to clone it myself, but cutting the fins and maybe the nose cone would be tough.

Also, I am not exactly sure of everything that the K&S kit was supposed to include, but personally, I don't need a chute, motor retainer, fin slots cut, if that would keep the cost the same as the kit we never received: $159. Decals could be separate through Stickershock like before. Maybe a 3D printed cockpit would be nice if it could be done and if it would be simpler/cheaper than the original construction method...……….

Craig

It comes up as:

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 9.05.49 PM.png

When I click on your link. Obviously, I am not a friend.

Never did anything to him. Obviously, he does not want to own up to ripping people off.

Heck,

I offered to buy his parachute business and he never sent me a price.

I had the 2.6 or 3 inch version don't remember what it was for sure. I remember all LOC parts were used in their kits with the exception of the laser cut fins. Perhaps LOC might do a limited number of kits. I should still have the Rock Sim file that came with the kit.

I can see his page . We definetly are not friends. Debra burned her bridge with myself and others many a moon ago , so we are not friends. I am willing to bet he simply blocked anybody who tried doing buisness with him.

I had the 2.6 or 3 inch version don't remember what it was for sure. I remember all LOC parts were used in their kits with the exception of the laser cut fins. Perhaps LOC might do a limited number of kits. I should still have the Rock Sim file that came with the kit.

Attachments

• colonial_viper-264.rkt
    92 KB · Views: 26
Guys: I will do a build thread for each of the items I have so you can make one yourself. Supposedly "someone" bought the designs but never produced them. If you want to hack one out yourself, I see no harm in that.

I really do not want to relive this period of my life. I may sell all my K&S stuff that unbuilt. When I see it, it makes me angry.

If people are interested in information, I have the following K&S kits...

Orion Starfighter (Built - thread here https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/new-year-new-build-thread-******-karman-us-rockets-trident-k-s-orion-starfighter.150133/)
Colonial Viper (2.64" I believe)
Starblazer X-20
ASC-F-38
Battle Wolf Jr

This may help

Dale,
Thanks very much for the simulations.

I notice that for both 4" and 2.6" sim versions, the side fins seem to be simmed in 2 pieces with no TTW fin tabs shown.
I may try to modify/join the fin plan points to have a one piece side fin, but was curious if anyone has some actual side fins for a 4" version and could provide the TTW fin tab dimensions, if not the entire fin shape?

In a picture from the following build thread link, it looks like the side fins were cut in one piece (which works fine with good ply) and it looks like they did have TTW tabs but not sure:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/4-colonial-viper.50228/

Overall, doesn't seem it would be too hard to do a "similar" clone build, maybe with some custom detailing, just need to come up with how to do the cockpit, nose cone cut template, & how to get the fins cut.

Craig

No TTW anything. All surface mount.

Attachments

• BSG viper1.JPG
    BSG viper1.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 86
  • BSG viper 2.JPG
    BSG viper 2.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 84
  • BSG viper 3.JPG
    BSG viper 3.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 85
  • BSG viper 5.JPG
    BSG viper 5.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 81
  • BSG Vipers.JPG
    BSG Vipers.JPG
    359.5 KB · Views: 87
Going to the Dragon website

1669572349545.png

Anyone think there are two Scott Kissingers that make upscale rocket kits???

I will say I ordered two kits from Dragon at different times and received both......

Back