4" Aluminum fin cans now available from Binder Design!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binder Design

Reaction score
A new product available from Binder Design........Max Q Aerospace aluminum fin cans! Finally, a bolt together fin system that looks as good as it performs. We'll be adding more sizes as we get rolling on these with a 3" fin can coming soon, and most likely a choice of two different fin shapes to choose from. We can also size them to fit motor casings by special order.

Just getting rolling on these, but the best is yet to come! Stay tuned to our web site for more additions.

https://binderdesign.com

Considering the nice etching available on some of Mike's stuff (read EX Cases), the fincan should read "Black Rock Special"

Mike, what is the weight of the 3" fin can? /Tim

I don't have the exact weight yet because the fins of the prototype are not done yet. We're rushing the release to force me to get going on them. I know a lot of people have waited a long time for a bolt on solution for 3" airframes.

Initial estimate of finished weight is 28.8 oz.

We're using the same thickness of metal on the 3" version as the 4" so it will be strong as hell.

3.0 ? Does that mean they fit directly over the motor case?

They fit airframe. We're rounding, just like all 3.0" rockets kits are usually 3.10" OD, but they are listed as 3 inch. I'd be glad to do up custom orders to fit motor casings by special order for now. After the templates have been proofed, they'll be listed as regular items. Working with a few customers on 6" versions for BALLS next year.

What are the fin dimensions? I'm interested to throw them onto a few designs I have in the works and see how they fit. Thanks!

What are the fin dimensions? I'm interested to throw them onto a few designs I have in the works and see how they fit. Thanks!

They are a diamond delta shape so I'll either have to work up a dimensioned drawing or rocksim file for you. If you can handle a CAD file I'll forward it.

They are a diamond delta shape so I'll either have to work up a dimensioned drawing or rocksim file for you. If you can handle a CAD file I'll forward it.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to CAD. A rocksim file would be awesome, but no rush, whenever you get around to it works for me.

Mike, I can read a DWG,DXF files, really like to see a 3" can drawings and convert to Rocket Sim file.:rolleyes:
message in your inbox is my Email address.

Back