$4.87 per Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojack82

Reaction score
As you all can tell, I lurk in the deepest, darkest recesses of TRF & post only very occasionally when I think I may have something to add. However, I just couldn't help myself on this one - also posted on a yahoo rocket list.

Check this eBay auction (I used tinyurl.com to shorten it):

https://tinyurl.com/6jxs7

Including postage to where I live in Michigan, this comes out to $4.87 per launch! (stifled snicker...) And this for seven 24mm D12s (gut ache...), fifteen 18mm C6s (eye twitch...), and one 13mm A10 which (drum roll please) "retails for $6.29" (muffled guffaw...)

Also, check out this fellow's math:

"Seventeen rocket motor igniters (Retailed at $12.70 which is calculated from the retailed price of $4.50 for six). The total retail value is $187.30. I am selling everything shown here for $105.00!! Can't beat this offer!" (can't hold it in anymore - major outburst - ROTFLMAO...)

I do get some pretty good entertainment out of some of these eBay auctions... gotta follow this one to see if it gets cancelled or if someone takes the bait. If so, I have some major inventory to unload!

Jack

Not to mention the fact that you can't sell model rocket motors on Ebay. He'll probably get away with it though.

(drying tears...)

Nah - eBay is actually fairly diligent about cancelling auctions with motors in them - especially if the term "rocket motor" or "rocket engine" is in the title. Diligent, but not a perfect zero-tolerance.

But (mmphh...) maybe "somebody" will (chuckle...) "recognize" what a (gak...) "outstanding" deal this is & jump on it using Buy It Now.

Of course, given the strange world we live in, I s'pose I could eat major crow (raven, magpie) if a "somebody" out there actually did this.

As Dr. Smith would say in the ol' Lost in Space tv show "Oh William, my boy - the pain - oh, the pain..."

They'll cancel them even if they don't have motors in them. I had a bunch of my auctions canceled one week when all they had in them was a section with a "These motors recommended" type deal. No motors at all, but they were canceled for having motors! When I complained about it, they just had an apology type email that they sent me and said that I should word it differently next time. I had them worded very explicitly in the first place. But such is the world of Ebay.

oh, if I ever sell rockets on ebay and want to list recommended motors, I use an image, like this:

ROTFLMAO.

Please understand these have been carefully unwrapped and the less than perfect ones discarded (at last count these came in packs of 3 motors and six igniters)

Sad thing is, this guy seems serious.

I wonder, If I sell all 6 of the G80s I have using his math, If I can retire.

Ladies and getlemen, let the suckerwatch commence....

Do you mean to tell me I have like...$45,000 worth of engines!!!

My retirement!

Originally posted by mojack82

Including postage to where I live in Michigan, this comes out to $4.87 per launch! (stifled snicker...) And this for seven 24mm D12s (gut ache...), fifteen 18mm C6s (eye twitch...), and one 13mm A10 which (drum roll please) "retails for $6.29" (muffled guffaw...)

Aw, he lowered it down, it's only at 47.00 now!

Originally posted by SwingWing
Aw, he lowered it down, it's only at 47.00 now!

Either I am missing something, or he lowered it again. As of 6:00am (10-4) is $37.00 and no mention of any G80's. But he is trying to sell (if ebay doesn't caught it) 23 motors and only 17 Igniters.

I get the sneaking suspicion we have a lurker. Nobogy drops the price like that without knowing that we are poking fun at him.

I noticed in his pic of "other rocket parts" that he is tossing in for good measure, there is an older Electron Beam launch controller...makes me wonder about the date code on the motors as well...

I was wondering about the age of these engines myself, as for Ebay pulling auctions they really get anal retentive about words like "Rocket Engine". I have had similiar problems with adds being pulled because of those "types" of words. I was told by Ebays customer service that they are now looking ay any (not just rockets) adds that might seem to be questionable.

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
I get the sneaking suspicion we have a lurker. Nobogy drops the price like that without knowing that we are poking fun at him.

not necessarily. Myself and at least two others sent him a note about his pricing numbers...

He's cancelled his own auction "due to an error in the listing". Last price was $37.00.

On the yahoo oldrockets group, a fella sent him a email letting him know his pricing was outta whack & invoked the "fraud" word. Maybe this scared him off - he only had 14 feedbacks.

However, I like the idea of there being a lurker here -- bwahahahahaha....

Jack

Back