4” Bullpup 12B Scale (Composite Warehouse) Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They go through. I think I will put tape on the inside and tack in place with a jig to square them up. Followed by filets.

Been eyeing this kit (the 38mm "lite" version) and look forward to your build. Curious to see the motor mount/retainer fit in the tailcone. The kit is listing for $139. Wonder if this is a new kit incentive price (given the higher price of the other 4" kits)? Most prices seem to be related to the length of the airframe tubing.

I ordered the 54mm version... I got a shipment notification from CW and FedEx last Monday (11/23) but so far, FedEx doesn't have the package. Basically, the label was created, but it hasn't shipped yet.
I've wanted a 4" 'glass Bullpup for a LONG time... was stoked to see this and can't wait to build it. I'll be following along on your build!
Good luck!

Ron

Been eyeing this kit (the 38mm "lite" version) and look forward to your build. Curious to see the motor mount/retainer fit in the tailcone. The kit is listing for $139. Wonder if this is a new kit incentive price (given the higher price of the other 4" kits)? Most prices seem to be related to the length of the airframe tubing.

The parts fit well. The parts in this photo are just fit together. No glue. 9A81F7C7-440B-4362-A769-67AC55568A85.jpeg

Attachments

• FB029513-6056-44D9-A84B-FC162ADDA4D2.jpeg
    FB029513-6056-44D9-A84B-FC162ADDA4D2.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 23
I ordered the 54mm version... I got a shipment notification from CW and FedEx last Monday (11/23) but so far, FedEx doesn't have the package. Basically, the label was created, but it hasn't shipped yet.
I've wanted a 4" 'glass Bullpup for a LONG time... was stoked to see this and can't wait to build it. I'll be following along on your build!
Good luck!

Ron

Glad I could help get these kits started but Curtis did all the work.
Check out the 8” dia. Kit.
https://www.compositewarehouse.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_70&product_id=162

Nice. I may snag the 3". Btw how is their shipping? I ordered an ARCAS early Friday morning but haven't received a shipping notice. I went with the Priority one as I wasn't sure what the other one was.

Nice. I may snag the 3". Btw how is their shipping? I ordered an ARCAS early Friday morning but haven't received a shipping notice. I went with the Priority one as I wasn't sure what the other one was.
When your kit is ready to ship you will get a notice asking for payment. There might be 100 orders ahead of you. It won't be to long I would guess.

It looks like there is likely a 1/2 inch of the motor mount exposed, therefore the retainer would be flush with the end of the tail cone?
You are correct. By the time you push the motor mount tube through the ring a little more the retainer comes out perfect. C3AEC3A5-8340-4456-A7CE-61D46577E35D.jpegA7EC9EE0-8C4D-4C3C-85E8-89C408D6F7AF.jpeg

Did you put tape over fin slots on inside of cone before glueing fins on?

I used my fin jig to stabilize the fins and smeared a little Epoxy on the inside. This will be followed up with filets. 553AD4AE-20E4-4338-94B7-9E940572FC89.jpeg0AA2E282-FD6E-49BA-93EB-06CD7791CE28.jpeg

Back