3D printing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure some people would be willing. It partly depends on what you want made. The shipping cost can make it annoying. I'd be willing to do little projects for people here on TRF so long as they cover my cost for filament and shipping. It's a lot easier if you have a known good STL, designing for printing has a couple things to watch out for.

Doesn't look like OpenRocket can generate files that can be used for printing. I would need STL to print. I might be able to design matching parts, but I'm pretty new at CAD. You might search Thingiverse, see if something like that already exists.

I might be able to work those orks into a shape into stl.
I've been working with solidworks for ~5 years.

I dont think I'd be able to work the objects in STL. I've just downloaded it and Im pretty new to 3d modeling.

Here you go. Fortunately I already had the Haack-Equation template due to a previous project. Just had to scale it down to your size.
You planning a 24mm supersonic flight?

And .stl files
View attachment blastcap.STL
View attachment trfffan nosecone.STL

You can expect the inner diameter's to shrink a little due to the cooling filament, but your walls were pretty thin, so I didn't want to open them up.

blastcap..PNGSection.PNGtrfffans nosecone.PNG

Last edited:
Here you go. Fortunately I already had the Haack-Equation template due to a previous project. Just had to scale it down to your size.
You planning a 24mm supersonic flight?

Yes, to mach 1.6.

And .stl files
View attachment 310244
View attachment 310245

You can expect the inner diameter's to shrink a little due to the cooling filament, but your walls were pretty thin, so I didn't want to open them up.

View attachment 310241View attachment 310242View attachment 310243

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back