3D Printing 3D printing e-bays

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian A Dalton

Reaction score
This is my first post on here so I’m not sure the pictures were uploaded correctly...

Has anyone printed an e-bay to double as the coupler for the rocket? Specifically I’m talking about HPR transonic flight.

Below I have two pictures, one is an alpha test where the solid tube part IS the coupler between the fin can and payload section. It will extend 1.5 body diameters in either direction. The other is a rendering of a more final version. I can put a fiberglass coupler on the coupler section but the electronics will still be exposed in the payload section. I’ll have a fwd seal disk installed when flying flight to prevent gas blowback. There is a 1/4” threaded rod through the entire length and I’m printing PETG.

You may be asking why? This is going to be in the Madcow 4” Nike Apache and the sustainer is 38mm. It’s small and I am going to use a Quantum and Proton in here because I like redundancy and I don’t need a switch with those altimeters. They are bigger but if this is sound, they will work out fine.

Thoughts?

If the walls aren't too thin, my guess is that it's fine. However, I have no data to back that up. I think I would destructively test one to see how much force it can take.

Back