3D Printing 3D Printed Port-a-Potty Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Awesome - thank you very much! I want one to put in my office. Great conversation piece! Great small park flyer too.
Yes. Low flights on D12-3 (almost too low). F23 and F40 ae pretty awesome.

I am going to print 5 more of these. Send me a PM if you willing to build one and provide suggestions. I will send you one at the cost of shipping.

Thanks for all the requests. The five went fast. I have expanded it to 10. I appreciate the help.

I am glad you got it to turn out right. I started printing my first of 18 other free ones.

Currently printing the lid. I have a couple of questions, though:

1) How do you attach the shock cord to the body?
2) Does it matter where you place the launch lug?

Last edited:
I placed the launch lug on the back. I printed the lid with 30-40% infill. 10% on the body. Fins with about 40-60%.

Shock cord? 3 feet kevlar and 3 feet nylon.

I placed the launch lug on the back. I printed the lid with 30-40% infill. 10% on the body. Fins with about 40-60%.

Shock cord? 3 feet kevlar and 3 feet nylon.
But, where to attach the shock cord to the body? Lid is easy. There's no place to tie the shock cord to the body, though.

But, where to attach the shock cord to the body? Lid is easy. There's no place to tie the shock cord to the body, though.

I glued mine to the motor mount tube. I used a B-50 tube inside the plastic.

Back