3D Printed Port-a-Potty Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best part about 3d printed parts - they have a slight roughness so sanding is not usually needed.

Glue on applied on the motor tube.

16AA6422-E101-44DE-985A-0309DE99096E.jpeg

Attached the shock cord to the motor tube.

B69C5CC9-1536-4C5E-8BD6-A97F4B42453B.jpeg

Insert the motor tube in the bottom.

A00A888B-1FEE-4426-AEE5-BEA6E8AAB9C8.jpeg

Clean up the mess of glue that is left.
[No Photo]

I have 3D printed and flown a Port-a-Potty Rocket so I am going to do a build thread.

Four lucky forum members will be getting one in the mail.

I will also post the STL files soon.
Sooo how does one become one of those lucky 4?

:D

Probably not me 'cause I've been naughty on the forums as of late.

Greetings to all! About 3 years ago, there were a number of tornados that hit around Dayton, Ohio and around Wright-Patterson A.F.B. in Fairborn, Ohio. I live in Fairborn about 6 blocks from the base. A tornado briefly touched down on the North end of the base where they were installing a new Baseball diamond. There were 2 Porta Potties side by side there for the workers. The tornadoes hit after dark after the workers went home. After the storm passed over, the base security checked the base for damage. No damage except one... one of the Porta Potties had literally flown away!!!!!!!! So yes, they cn fly!!!!!!!!! They STILL haven't found it yet :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Cheers!

I am going to do a prize for the best 7.5 inch diameter 3d printed altimeter bay. Anyone interested? Just send a like.

Greetings to all! About 3 years ago, there were a number of tornados that hit around Dayton, Ohio and around Wright-Patterson A.F.B. in Fairborn, Ohio. I live in Fairborn about 6 blocks from the base. A tornado briefly touched down on the North end of the base where they were installing a new Baseball diamond. There were 2 Porta Potties side by side there for the workers. The tornadoes hit after dark after the workers went home. After the storm passed over, the base security checked the base for damage. No damage except one... one of the Porta Potties had literally flown away!!!!!!!! So yes, they cn fly!!!!!!!!! They STILL haven't found it yet :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Cheers!
I think it washed up in a Tom Hanks movie…..

Got mine printed in blue and white. I may print another one in pink for my wife. One thing I note is the walls are a lot thicker then they need to be, could easily go half the thickness or less and still be plenty strong enough.

I like the fact that you use a paper motor tube. This will help prevent the plastic from deforming from the hot motor.

What did you use for the motor tube, and what size p-chute did you use?

Back