3D Printed Mount for Estes Astrocam

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

OhioFlyer

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone designed a 3D printed HPR bodytube mount for the new USB Drive ,Astrocam from Estes? I looked on thingiverse and found these which could be modified to fit my need.

Would love to have a mount for my LOC IV. Worst case I could tape it to the body but would prefer something a bit more elegant.

Last edited:

rklapp

NAR# 109557
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
And you don't want to use one of the shrouds from Apogee or Additive?

OhioFlyer

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
And you don't want to use one of the shrouds from Apogee or Additive?

I was hoping to use the astrocam as I already have it so if I can have a mount printed that would be ideal. Its more of a, "I have this and want to use it" than a "i want a camera on my rocket" kind of thing. Hope that makes sense.

If Additive made a mount specifically for the astrocam I'd certainly buy it and I may reach out to them to see if they would. The apogee shrouds aren't much of a step up from just taping it to the side of my rocket so those are a no-go for me.

rklapp

NAR# 109557
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So you're looking for a 3D file for a NC that will fit the AC cam and fits a LOC IV? Personally, I tape it to the rockets with two layers of masking tape. You're right, not elegant but great results.

OhioFlyer

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
No, just a camera mount for the estes astrocam (similar to what additive aerospace makes) that I can glue or screw to the side of my payload bay.

OhioFlyer

TRF Supporter
Reaction score

WillMarchant

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I did see that. Issue is that I'd really only want the mount and not an extra camera. I downloaded the instructions and the mount and strap piece have part numbers so maybe they will be available separately.
I emailed Estes tech support and they say that they won't be selling just the mount.

OhioFlyer

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I emailed Estes tech support and they say that they won't be selling just the mount.
Thanks for checking. That's a shame and kind of a let down for those of us who bought the Astrocam rocket.

rklapp

NAR# 109557
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously, two layers of masking tape work just as well. Should be easy for someone to create a 3D file for a similar bracket...

Joekeyo

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
found these which could be modified to fit my need.
Thank you for finding this. Eventually, I would like to fit the Estes camera to a rocket that will hold a decent parachute. I think it would be easy to change the ring diameter in tinkercad.