3D Printed File for 75mm Electronics Bay with a Quasar and RRC3

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I ended up with for now using some inspiration from some of the inputs from this thread to update my initial design. As long as I only combine bodies in Fusion360 to output the STL, I can go back and change settings to match any battery/electronic board I use.

https://a360.co/3RfaRp6

I like the built in stand-offs and battery boxes although I cannot picture how the sled will be printed without supports.

I've tested my latest version of my avionics sled. It worked. So, I posted it on printables.
It's made for 38mm diameter and larger rockets. Doesn't need any supports to print. Couple pics for a preview. Rest of the information is linked on printables. I also include an adapter to fit all of my bulkheads that are designed for 3+ inch diameter rockets. Maybe someone can get an inspiration from my design.
20230130_193533.jpg20230130_193419.jpg

So I did some additional design work based off of additional suggestions and split the design so that no supports would be required. I modeled the original design and it would need to be printed with the stand-off's facing down and would require a lot of support structure, and to make sure the single walled support structure remained in place, a raft would have also have been necessary....possibly. So to make it much easier to print I came up with this design. Uses 3mm hardware to hold the two halves together as well as to mount the alt's. 2mm for the battery covers.

3D Printed Electronic Sled for 4" tube.

The one I did up for a buddy who is using two RC3s and wanted to have centrally mounted Lab Rat pull pin tab ended up looking something like this.

1675613210680.png

While the Qunatum doesn't NEED a switch, I put a switch on everything. Especially since when I go for my L3 switches are mandatory.
That would depend on your TAP... some require mechanical switches with them and some do not, even though the Eggtimer WiFi altimeters have a built-in switch on the deployment power (satisfying the NFPA/NAR/TRA requriement). One of my two L3 TAP's was just fine with the built-in electronic switch, the other was old school so I had to put a screw switch on the deployment power. I would expect that this would be the same with a Kate (which also has an electronic deployment power switch) and the upcoming Blue Raven (which I'm not sure about).

Back