• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3D printed av-bay sled

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill2654

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 3D printed sled for a 2.6 airframe. It needs to be 6" long and 1/8" thick between two 10-24 all thread rods 2" apart. I'm all out of g-10 and plywood.

2.6" with 2" rod spacing is gonna be hard to find, I believe, unless somebody designs and prints a custom sled for you.

You may be better off with some plywood from Michaels and two igniter tubes from an Aerotech reload.

A custom sled was kinda what I was thinking after seeing that everyone elses were not the size I need.

If you are looking for a custom sled, I am willing to do it for you. pm me with a sketch include key features and dimensions and I should be able to put a rhino 3d model together tomorrow. I print mostly with PETG, I have two printers and I can fit the print in to the queue.

edit: "https://www.thingiverse.com/Djkingsley/designs" I have posted one of my 98 mm sleds here.

Last edited:
I also can do it for you. It's an easily modified version of this (without holes):

G63dN2Rl.jpg

PM to discuss.

Like this...it's next on the printer if you want it, if not I'll find a use for it!

Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at December 21, 20166.53.41 PM.png

Dan, I like the one in your first post (#7) I'm going to have stuff mounted on both sides of the sled so I need max room on both sides. PM me with PP details and thanks.

Wow Dan! That's the fastest 1st class package delivery in history! NY to OK in two days....at Xmas even! Thanks and Merry Christmas Dan.

Wow Dan! That's the fastest 1st class package delivery in history! NY to OK in two days....at Xmas even! Thanks and Merry Christmas Dan.

Merry Christmas! It's so cool to be able to bring your description to life and on your doorstep in a matter of days using this technology, I really enjoyed the idea of doing it.

To those that have asked, I will not be offering any sleds like this for sale on my site. They're such a basic design and there's already other people offering them in standardized fashions. If you have a custom request that is not fulfilled with what's currently available in the market that you want drawn and printed, please send me a PM. I am treating custom parts as more of a service than a product and I have chosen to not compete with those that currently offer printed sleds...Andrew designs a better sled than I ever will.

Back