3D print request

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mushtang

Premium Member
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I need someone to print a part for me from a crude drawing please. I'm willing to pay for it, not asking for a freebie, we can discuss that in a PM.

What I'm looking for is a mount for a 3rd party rear camera on my Jeep. I'd installed the camera on top of my 3rd brake light only to find that the camera mfg decided that even though it's designed for mounting outside a vehicle (rain proof, etc.), it should be mounted under something and not on top of something, and there's no way in the software to flip the image on the display. So the rear image is always upside down. Boo.

The bracket that the camera mounts with isn't designed to allow it to flip over for mounting, so that means that in order to get it working I'd need another bracket to go up and over the camera location so the camera can mount underneath it. I can create this "upside down U" shape easy enough with a piece of metal but I'd like it to look a little better than what that would look like so I'm hoping to get a piece 3D printed in plastic.

I've made a rough sketch of the shape, along with dimensions, and I have a picture of the camera being held above the brake light in my hand to help show what I'm going for.

Anyone want to take a crack at this?

Last edited:
I've printed them and have them boxed ready to go.
The last I heard from you was when you sent me the STL file and I needed to find someone local to print them. Sorry, I didn't know you'd eventually printed the pieces.

It turns out I was able to make my project work without it anyway, but thanks for being willing to help!

Back