CAD Software 3D CAD programs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

David Schwantz

Reaction score
SCP, I would be more than happy and grateful for your help. I will look up doing a zoom thingy and get back to you. Please let me know when the best times are for you. Thanks, Dave.

neil_w

Hunkered down and slowly going crazy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey neil. thanks, tried that one also. Here is a link to the files I am trying to use.
Oh, in that case TinkerCad is *not* what you want. :)

Mike Haberer

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I am wanting to learn it and am trying my best. But some times I just need to walk away and go build on a rocket. Hate to tell you this, but I have never heard of webex. I know everyone for school around here is using zoom, but guess what?? God I am old. Oh yeah that's right I just turned 60 yesterday :)
Just remember, 60 is the new 50. Embrace it...

vcp

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just found my DD-214, so I'll be ordering a new ed license for Solidworks on their veteran's program - soon. I see that a new version is available on June first, so I'll wait until then. I ordered a Spacemouse that'll be here tomorrow.

David Schwantz

Reaction score
What is a space mouse? Thanks to everyone. When I used the f.3d files I was then able to make the hole. Now how do I turn it into a file I can slice?

David Schwantz

Reaction score
Yup did that. Then had to down load Autodesk mesh program, did that and am working on getting that to work. Thanks.

vcp

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
What is a space mouse?...
Spacemouse
Many love it, some can't get the hang of it - not for everyone, and it doesn't work with all 3D CAD programs. I got to use one a couple of years ago for a short time and really liked it. Once you get your mind wrapped around it, it's a natural way to move around a 3D object.

vcp

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Spacemouse
Many love it, some can't get the hang of it - not for everyone, and it doesn't work with all 3D CAD programs. I got to use one a couple of years ago for a short time and really liked it. Once you get your mind wrapped around it, it's a natural way to move around a 3D object.
Spacemouse arrived today after a bit of a shipping problem. Just doing the training games as I won't get Solidworks for a few weeks, but I'm loving it! Entirely natural 3D motion and it puts my left hand to useful work. I'm usually a left-hand klutz at anything but this makes it easy.

I've ordered the parts to build this Thing that adds some assignable buttons to the Spacemouse.

RocketNut9

Reaction score
I use Alibre. It is very easy to learn. It's also very powerful with a lot of functions that make's drawing even the most complex model a breeze.