38mm Single Break Dual Deploy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyrrxa

Reaction score
I just received my Mini Mach and was curious what people were planning or had used in similar rockets. I had originally thought that a nose bay with a cable cutter would be best but I'm also debating just running a decently sized streamer.

Any recommendations on nose bay layouts etc. would be appreciated.

I have a 2.6" rocket where I've put an av-bay in the nose cone and use it with a cable cutter wrapped around the main. I'm using the motor for initial separation and then I have an RRC2 that I've got set for 300' to release the main. So far I've only had one flight with it but it worked well. I've got vent holes through the NC shoulder and I use one of the vents to access the screw switch I use to arm it.

I just received my Mini Mach and was curious what people were planning or had used in similar rockets. I had originally thought that a nose bay with a cable cutter would be best but I'm also debating just running a decently sized streamer.

Any recommendations on nose bay layouts etc. would be appreciated.
Here's a diagram of how I did it on a 3" minimum diameter rocket. I do the same thing on my 29mm and 38mm rockets but they're not so well documented after Rocketry Planet went away.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/level-3-high-performance-design-and-build-thread.26383/page-4

Back