• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 38mm Rousetech motor set

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AHansom

Reaction score
Set is one each 38/720, 38/600, 38/480 and 38/360. Cases are marked with 2007/2008 manifacture date. Silver forward and rear closer. A gold seal disk from a Aerotech. All motors are clean and in excellent condition. Have been stored in and will ship in plastic protective mesh. $500 will include shipping to Continental U.S.

IMG_1932.jpgIMG_1933.jpg
IMG_1938.jpg

Last edited:
This may be a dumb question but I've seen a few motor casings from, I guess you would say "not the big 3". Is there some kind of compatibility between them or is this for only rousetech motors?

Rousetech licensed production of Aerotech compatible cases for a while. Dr. Rocket did the same before that. They are all compatible with Aerotech reloads.

I think the issue was volume of production and availability, but not 100% sure. I speculate (speculate only, not verified at all) that various people said 'wow, those cases are expensive, I could do it cheaper' and after a handful of years making cases, they either retired extremely rich from case production or determined it was not worth the effort.

I have flown Dr. Rocket, Rousetech and Aerotech cases, with Aerotech reloads, interchanging forward and aft closures and seal disks. There was no apparent difference, so I assume they were made to the same drawings and tolerances.

Sandy.

They were both licensed by Aerotech and parts are interchangeable. As I remember Dr. Rockets was a softer alloy aluminum and less expensive. I also belive Aerotech quit making hardware while Rousetech and Dr Rockets were in production. I never damaged a Dr Rocket case. I did used to see lots of Dr Rocket wind chimes at the launches but no Aerotech of Rousetech wind chimes. This could also be false info. I once heard Chevy trucks were better than Dodge 🤔

I have used all 3 brands with good results. I have other hardware sets up for purchase. I just grouped them by manufacture.

Last edited:
Back