• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 38mm Roll wrapped carbon tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello TRF, I have here a roll wrapped carbon tube hand rolled by me. It is 48” long and weighs in at 296 grams. The tubes ID is 1.53” and the OD at 1.64”. It is a 210F heat resistant tube

DA8C9373-910D-4DAC-A71A-A7CDA477798E.jpeg

I am asking $100 plus shipping for it. Please PM me if interested.

Thank you for your support.

Hello TRF, I have here a roll wrapped carbon tube hand rolled by me. It is 48” long and weighs in at 296 grams. The tubes ID is 1.53” and the OD at 1.64”. It is a 210F heat resistant tube

View attachment 420323

I am asking $100 plus shipping for it. Please PM me if interested.

Thank you for your support.
Alex, let me do some digging fir support items. Gimme until Sunday afternoon. If somebody else ponies up, it’s all good.

Alex, let me do some digging fir support items. Gimme until Sunday afternoon. If somebody else ponies up, it’s all good.

Thank you Dave,

I had a feeling this 38mm would call out to you lol. If someone else claims it no worries, I will be making another one soon ;)

I might be screwing myself, but these C/F tubes make excellent motor tubes. You can pound these with a boat load (the scientific term) of G’s and they really never wear out, unlike paper.

I might be screwing myself, but these C/F tubes make excellent motor tubes. You can pound these with a boat load (the scientific term) of G’s and they really never wear out, unlike paper.

True, they are expensive, I won’t judge though if it is used as motor mount

I made another tube the other day with a new and improved method for getting stronger tubing. To put it short, I added UNI carbon running lengthwise of the tube and then wrapped around with the carbon tow. It’s strength and stiffness is just nuts.

Unfortunately buggy software made the final helical pass look terrible. I really need that centerless grinder so I can get it sanded smooth.

Have you considered approaching kit manufacturers with these tubes?

Latest posts

Back