38mm rocket ID

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwptrek

Reaction score
I have a 38mm rocket I purchased at a yard sale that I'd like to identify. I believe it to be a kit. It is 50" tall. Before painting, the tubes looked like LOC Precision tubes. The launch lug also appeared to be a LOC Precision type. It has a has a 29mm motor mount with dual motor hooks. The motor hooks line up perfectly with the Aerotech 29/40-120 casing. Please see the three images below.
Long38mm.jpg The rocket.
Long38mm_fincan.jpg Detail of the fin can Long38mm_enginehook.jpgDetail of the motor hooks.

Thanks for your help.

Well, the kit has been around for 20 years, and we all know how often people build non-stock kits. I'd say you're spot on with the Legacy.

-Hans

Agree.. Its a Legacy...

Attachments

• IMG_4342.JPG
    IMG_4342.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 20
It does indeed have a payload bay. I agree that it is a Legacy from the photos and links. The engine hooks must just be an add-on then. I could've sworn I looked at all of LOC's 38mm kits. I must've missed that one. Thanks.

From what I gather, it is/was a friction fit motor retention if built stock. These days I'd add a threaded retainer but I can easily see somebody adding hooks instead.

Back