38mm Minimum Diameter, Fixed image

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GL-P

Reaction score
I thought I should share one of my new rockets. It's 38mm in diameter and is very heavily reinforced. The fins are foam core. The rocket will carry an RRC2, an M.A.D. and a RF locator. This rocket should bust about 7000-7500 feet on an I. The picture included is the rocket without electronics bay. I hope to fly the bird at Val Cartier.

This is the rocket without electronics bay. More images to come...

Sleek design. It's hard to tell from the pic, but is the nosecone and airframe PML? You said it is heavily reinforced, that means that the foamcore fins are glassed?... I hope so. Are you going to be using dual deploy on it, or just altitude recording with the altimeter?

The lower tube is LOC tube that is fibreglassed twice and certainly, the foam core fins are glassed twice. Very strong!!! The electronics bay tube is mailing tube fibreglassed twice.

The nosecone is performance rocketry conical 8:1

I'm going to dual deploy it also. It's setup to do it. Just have to build electronics bay with recovery hardware, a little epoxy work and painting.

Have a suggestion for the name?

Bottom to top:

Performance rocketry conical nosecone 8:1

Main airframe

Electronics tube

Left: Electronics (better picture coming)

Middle: Custom made motor retainer (like the one Giant Leap sells)

Right: couplers

Top: tubular nylon

Back