38mm Deuces Wild

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben

Reaction score
Well, I made my list to give to my vendor of the parts I need for a 38mm Deuce's Wild. I recently bought a 38/480 and 740 case and got a good deal on a 2nd 480 case. The motors will have a 12 degree cant (to please Jim F because he thinks 15 is perfect and 10 is too little so I will meet him in the middle ;) ) and long enough to fit the 480 cases. I did some measuring and that is a perfect size without looking too long.

Fins will be 1/4" with a layer of 6oz then 3oz veil. They will be TTW and meet in the center and be cut to fit over the CR's. There will be 2 CR's with a center support triangle, all 1/4".

The rocket will be setup for altimeter deploy only with a zipperless design. I am going to use 35 feet of 1" TN for the drouge and 20 for the main. The Drouge will be a 15 or 18" (weather according) with a 70" Top flight as the main chute. I am going to out fit it with the CD3 system and BP as backup when needed. The nosecone will be a Sandman origional made from Pine. I will post pictures once things start arriving and I can do stuff.

First flight will more than likely be on aerotech G67's as long as it weighs less than 6lb. I figured I could get away with a 4:1 since those fins are massize meaning 7lb or less would be good.

pictures later.....
Ben

<"A duce on H97s, that would be cool!">

He been there, ................done that (halfway anyway).

Ben, what did the post flight reveal?

Did the 2nd igniter light?
If so, did you see if the pellet lit?

<"A duce on H97s, that would be cool!">

He been there, ................done that (halfway anyway).

Ben, what did the post flight reveal?

Did the 2nd igniter light?
If so, did you see if the pellet lit?

The ignitor didn't go atall. Next time it gets a drop of 5min glue and a 1/2 a pellet with an E-match. I am going to test that ignitor and see if it is even good. I am a little dissapointed as that is the 3rd out of one bag of twiggys that hasn't worked.

And yes, it will fly on TWO H97's!

Ben

Back