38mm 1 grain rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viciouspeanut

Reaction score
What do you all launch on CTI / Loki 1 grain g motors? A lot seem either too heavy for these or would go too high. I like the Formula 54 from RW. The 3" Twitch too.

I forget about LOC sometimes! I am wanting to do a full fiberglass kit since I've only ever glassed fins before. Maybe the 3" Jart would fit the bill.

I forget about LOC sometimes! I am wanting to do a full fiberglass kit since I've only ever glassed fins before. Maybe the 3" Jart would fit the bill.

Small fields, 38-1G motors, and Loc IV's are a match made in heaven. Love me some G69 Skids in IV's...I could do that all day long for 3 days straight and not get bored!:cool:

Haven't flown it yet, but my Madcow Little John sims to around 1500 feet on Loki 38/120s with good lift off speeds.

Scratch cloned Estes Optima in bluetube.... Loki G69spitfire-
30636936426_ea7c740ea2_b.jpg

G80 Loki White-
19857601469_02bd72d2f5_b.jpg

G70 Loki cocktail
29293753086_ba380a9d5a_c.jpg

G94 Ice blue

28706596813_2fd5dd5c84_c.jpg

I need to paint this thing.....

Vulcanite Loki G80 LW

14946300542_babbac3ab4_b.jpg

Last edited:
I have a f/g Madcow Lil Goblin in 38mm that I've not yet launched. The 29mm version of the same rocket flew well on an Aerotech F60(?)...quick off the pad and stayed on a small field thanks to the Chute Release.

Purchased a couple of CTI 38 1 grain G motors that sim under 1000'...don't recall the actual rating/name G60? and don't particularly want to dig them out of the motor box at the moment.

Motor choices should be based on sims that fall within the field limits aka "flying the field".

PML Small Endeavour, LOC Norad Pro Maxx, LOC Nuke Pro Maxx

+1 on the LOC Vulcanite. With a 1 grain AT reline. Great flight to ~1000 feet. I tested my first dual deploy this way. Fun way to fly a big rocket with motor eject as well.

I have a Big Daddy that I'll be modifying for 38mm short case motors.

I modifed a Loc Lil' Nuke to 38mm expressly for the Loki 38mm G's. The 5 second (minimum) delay G's work good in 4" rockets, but some have a minimum delay of 8 seconds, so I built the Lil'Nuke.

All the sudden I find myself strangely drawn (pun intended!) to the modelrockets.us crayon rockets. Seems like a stout G would do nicely in them.

Nano magg needs a refit ;)

+1 That's a great idea! (although sane logic would suggest the Mirco Magg)

I upgraded an Estes Scion specifically so I could fly it with Loki 38-120 motors.

+1 That's a great idea! (although sane logic would suggest the Mirco Magg)

I upgraded an Estes Scion specifically so I could fly it with Loki 38-120 motors.

I'm thinking a 38 mount, make a nose bay to toss an XTRA in and fly it on 38/120's and 38mm 2 grain EX.

The CTi single grain 38mm G white thunders are similar in look to the aerotech H135s

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I fly the Vulcanite and Hi-Tech on the AT 38 Single Grain Redline. Great motor, drill to 7 or 6 seconds respectively.

Back