• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

38-720 case!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketRob

Reaction score
Hey rocketry guys and gals!

I am looking for an used 38mm 720 case, ISP or Aerotech.

Maybe research cases that fit Aerotech loads?

I am about to join Tripoli after 4 years NAR, so I can fly research motors from RCS!

Please let me know what you have and what you would like for it!
Thanks

You can buy the whole motor from Balsa Machining Service for under $60 on preorder.

Kenny

Thanks Kenny!

That does look like a decent route.

But maybe someone has a stash of ISP cases in a box somewhere!

RocketBob,

I have a research case you may be interested in. PM sent.

I have a research case I'd be willing to trade, if you're interested.

From Balsa Machining or others what's the difference between a MOTOR and and a N-SEC CASING? Sorry, newbie... Just level 1.

I won't part with my motor, but I've done business with Bill (Balsa Machining), Chris (Chris' Rocket Supplies) and Ken (Performance Hobbies), and all three of them are great to deal with.

Some notes:

Any 38mm Aerotech motor size 480 (4 grain) and above requires a casing, rear closure, forward closure, and forward seal disc. If you are ordering, make sure you are getting (or already have) all those components. You can use the same forward and rear closure with any casing between 120 and 1320.
Make sure you understand whether you are ordering (in stock) or preordering (after your order, it will be ordered from Aerotech, and sent to you when it arrives at the dealer).
Think about what you are going to be flying in the future, and see whether a Reload Adapter System (RAS) with a bigger motor makes sense. With a RAS and a 720 casing, you can also fly loads for the 480 and 600 casings.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back