• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 34ga and 40ga Nichrome

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy H.

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
As mentioned in the thread in propulsion, I had 2 rolls of nichrome wire from the Doug Frost estate that I'm trying to pass along. I wanted to see what lengths made sense to ship and 25ft was the winner! Sooooo, tonight, I spooled off the material and will post it for free and this one is 100% free, as it would cost everyone more to do paypal transactions for the cost of a stamp - I'll absorb 100% of the shipping costs (i.e. the stamp) if you follow the few and hopefully reasonable rules below. If you don't follow the rules, you're out.

Rules:
1: Please specify only 1 gauge and know that you'll only get that one. While I was giving away some freebies in the other estate threads, I can't do it when I'm working on just a stamp. . .
2: Please post your address in the typical way it would be put on an envelope. I have bad handwriting and will have to either print the envelopes or labels or you'll never get anything.
3: Don't post to this thread, just send PM's and I'll allocate what is available based on first come first served rules.
4: If you're only mildly interested in making use of the material and will likely 'get to it sometime' vs. actually use it for a purpose in the next 1-3 years, leave it for others first and if it is still available in a week or two, feel free to ask for it.

Hmm, those are pretty much the only rules. Not too bad, IMO.

Anyway, what is available is:

[current as of 01/26/2022 @ 8:18pm Eastern]
40 ga nichrome wire: 25-ish ft long. Qty 2.
34 ga nichrome wire: 25-ish ft long. Qty 0.

I say above '25-ish ft long' as this was manually wound off the main spools which I knew nothing about and onto a piece of cardstock. I say for fact that I lost count on the number of turns from time to time either due to mechanical problems on unspooling or if a funny joke was playing in the background. Either way, for the cost to the individual (i.e. $0.00), I don't feel like I'm cheating you if you only get 20ft.

Anyway, please PM if interested and I'll send them out over the next week or so. We have 1/4" of ice with 1/4" of snow, so it may be a week or two before I can set foot outside, as that seems to be how the SouthEast reacts to 'solid rain' but I imagine I'll get them out quicker than not.

If you feel like the value of what you're getting is great, feel free to donate to the NAR, Tripoli, your local club or any other way you can share the rocket hobby with others as a Thank You. That is what Doug's wife would have wanted and what I want as well, but no obligation. Either way, enjoy the nichrome.

Thanks,

Sandy.

Last edited:
Quick update/bump.

There was a COVID scare at work the day after I spooled out all the nichrome. . . I isolated and took a PCR test per the recommendations and came back negative, but I didn't ship anything in the interim. Seemed like a dumb risk for no reason and that was my choice.

At this point, if you want some nichrome, but were worried that you'd grab it from someone who would use it quick, feel free to PM your request, as interest has sagged. Most of the 34ga is spoken for, but there is a lot of 40ga available, so if you were a previous person who wants to add 40ga to your 34ga request, feel free to ask and if no new people beat you to the punch, its yours.

So, basically, its a free-for-all, but first come-first-served, but send a PM and if available, I will send you Nichrome.

I hope to mail it all this Friday, but it might be Monday, pending interest.

Thanks.

Sandy.

Wow. . . not really sure how this fell off the radar, but it did and I apologize to anyone who I said I would send nichrome to. I have it all put in envelopes and stamped, so it will go out tomorrow.

Again, sorry for the delay - my bad.

Please let me know when you get it, as it is being sent via USPS first class mail, so I can't track.

Happy igniting!

Sandy.

Back