300 hours of woodworking on this project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don’t mind plastic, you can spend a few hundred dollars on a LEGO Technic set, a few hours building it, keep it on a shelf for a while, then sell it for a few hundred dollars and get another one!

Piston engines, steering, differentials, gearboxes, pneumatics, remote control, they have it all.

There seems to be lots of people with lots of time and money on their hands.

It’s called “being retired”.

(Not my case though, it takes me a crazy long time to get anything done)

What a great result! This is the first time I've seen a car made of wood that triggers the pistons when the pedal is pressed.

It’s called “being retired”.

I was never able to stay at any job before some kind of restructure or something that cut my ability to think about retiring one day and naturally I really never got to retire as at age 58 I lost my health completely and then the little bit of money that was in our savings and 401s immediately got wiped out. So then I became retired, but not having a penny to go out and do anything with which really us extremely aggravating/

I was never able to stay at any job before some kind of restructure or something that cut my ability to think about retiring one day and naturally I really never got to retire as at age 58 I lost my health completely and then the little bit of money that was in our savings and 401s immediately got wiped out. So then I became retired, but not having a penny to go out and do anything with which really us extremely aggravating/

TMI ?
:rabbitdontknow:

The car is cool, though.
Building that thing makes our rocketry hobby very reasonable in every regard. The video has been strategically shared with the SO...
;)

I was ...

I'm hoping fun can be found in any circumstances. Sure I would enjoy spending months building giant robots and rockets, but woodworking with more modest resources also looks interesting. I've always been amazed with how people can be creative with minimal means. The most amazing thing I saw during a 10-day trip to Europe years ago was a bull head made from nothing but a bicycle seat and handle bars. Here I just found it again online:
6342443189_5533780b87_b.jpg
No work of art has ever had a greater effect on me. It's nothing and everything at the same time and completely blows my mind.

I'm hoping fun can be found in any circumstances. Sure I would enjoy spending months building giant robots and rockets, but woodworking with more modest resources also looks interesting. I've always been amazed with how people can be creative with minimal means. The most amazing thing I saw during a 10-day trip to Europe years ago was a bull head made from nothing but a bicycle seat and handle bars. Here I just found it again online:
View attachment 474617
No work of art has ever had a greater effect on me. It's nothing and everything at the same time and completely blows my mind.
Is that maybe a setup from a tandem bike?
It is pretty cool to see it as art.

View attachment 474617

Pablo Picasso, 1942.

https://www.pablopicasso.org/bull-head.jsp

View attachment 474617

That seat.... makes my butt hurt...

What a great result! This is the first time I've seen a car made of wood that triggers the pistons when the pedal is pressed. The artistry is gorgeous, with every element sawed and aligned perfectly. You even managed to make the wheels perfectly straight! And what drives the pistons in this car? Does it run on electricity? I'm going to try to say something similar shortly. But I don't think I could do it as perfectly as you did. I'll have to read dust collector reviews. I might buy one myself since many wood chips fly off when I'm working like that.

Back