3 snitches in flight formation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockwaveriderz

Reaction score
Heres a pic from the recent BlueSkies2 that turned into BlueStorm1....

Joe Magginnis launched 4 estes snitches at a time and I got 3 out of 4 in flight formation...enjoy

Just play the video of that in reverse and you've got the perfect beginning for a 1950's Sci-Fi Horror Mars Invasion flick!

WW

Originally posted by Micromister
if you convert one of your snitches for a D12, you can 2stage them..Really nice Demo model;)

I've flown the Estes Flying Saucer/Snitch many times two staged. I used C6-0 to C6-0. A crowd pleaser.

Patrick, our section adviser put up a 2 stage flying saucer combo of a estes snitch and a fliskits pheord X150.. I think thats what it was.....also I think it was a D12-d12 2 stager.....works great sorry I missed the pic.......

he also flys bigger saucers on J motors.....

Hmmm I take it the Estes Snitch is a 18mm mmt 'rocket'? If it is 18mm , is there any way of converting it to 24mm?
Karl

Originally posted by Karl
Hmmm I take it the Estes Snitch is a 18mm mmt 'rocket'? If it is 18mm , is there any way of converting it to 24mm?
Karl

I think a number of people have converted the Snitch to use motors all the way up to 38mm--possibly even 54mm :eek: At that point it's like launching an "ornamented" casing when you get that big... And I also think there was a video clip on the Sky Ripper Systems website of a Snitch powered by the soon-to-be-released 29mm G hybrid.

Cool! 54mm on a S T O C K S N I T C H ? Holly crap!

Originally posted by Karl
Cool! 54mm on a S T O C K S N I T C H ? Holly crap!

Yep. Someone on this forum has the record for being the first to "shred" a Snitch. Apparently the plastic folded over on itself and broke away from the "flying motor casing." That's what I love about this hobby - there's always someone out there pushing the envelope.

WIll the Snitch work with a C11 CHADed in the bottom?

I know it will work with a D12-0 Chad staged. :D

You have to leave off the aft retaining ring and tape the engines together. If you push the C all the way down into the D, it sometimes shoots the C right up through the upper retaining ring when the C fires up. Ooops! ;)

Initiator001:

How do you attach the 2 Snitches together when you double stage them?

And Shockie,

Great pic to lead off this thread!

Back