I'm so glad you like the design. It was & still is ahead of it's time. Here are some links from the "original" prototype build thread addressing all issues.
I used both a 52 in X-chute made by Topflight and their standard 48 in version. Along with 15ft of 1/4in kevlar and a 12in nomex I never had any issues with "getting" it all in.
Careful folding and packing techniques along with "rolling" it into the burrito are what's needed. The cord is first ribbon folded and placed in front of the chute.
This occupies the small space in front of chute in the tip. You don't realize how much space is in there & perfect place for cordage. Also helps to "roll" the chute in burrito so it's tapered a bit to fit in the cone better than just a normal roll and stuff.
I can prepare for flight with a perfect fit & no need to stuff anything in, just practice loading up, until things are a nice smooth fit.:smile:
This rocket was designed to be a high end performer. No wasted space what so ever, and requires better than average skills to "get it just right". But when all is right in La-La land, the flights and altitudes achievable with ALL sizes of motors is pretty darn cool.
Have fun and enjoy flying your Punisher!
was looking at those posts and realized over time I made a couple of updates. First I went back and changed the eyebolt to one that's short and hugs the BP. Added another 1inch of space, which is a lot for this.
I have also switched out the aluminum BP's for G-10 after I started using GPS on bottom side of Av-bay sled.
REMEMBER A 12-15inch DROGUE is a MUST in this rocket to prevent stream lining during decent phase of deploy before main.