Quantcast

3 " nosecone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Meat

Reaction score
I need to come across a couple of 3" olgive nosecones similar to the one from the estes big daddy . NC-30P2

ben_ullman

Reaction score
not sure they make olgive nosecones.

I do know of an Ogive nosecone. There is bound to be someone with an Ogive nosecone.

Ben

P.S. we need to rid TRF of oglive nosecone goers ;)

Meat

Reaction score
being 6'8" 330 they typically laugh on the inside when I say stupid things :)

Pem Tech

Reaction score
Jon Rocket offers this 3" NC:

Mercury Engineering Cones

MNC - 3"......................................11.00
3" Nose Cone Specifications
Material: White Blow-Molded PolyStyrene
(Durable and Easy to Paint)
Weight: 3.50 oz
Length: 14" Overall, 11" Exposed

And here is the link.

http://www.jonrocket.com/nosecones.html

We purchased a few for testing and they appear to be of good quality but run a wee bit on the small side along the diameter.

FROB

Reaction score
....We purchased a few for testing and they appear to be of good quality but run a wee bit on the small side along the diameter.
Whose airframe tubing are you measuring it against? i noticed the Estes 3" tubing in my Big Daddy is about 1/16 smaller than most other 3" HPR tubing such as LOC, which i was hoping to use to make an ebay-extension for it.

El Cheapo

Reaction score
The Mercury cone is a nice piece. The one I have required very little work to remove and fill any mold seams. It holds primer/paint very nicely. It did require 1/2 wrap of tape on the shoulder for snug fit. Exterior seems to be right on w/the tubing for the Mercury Invader kit.

Meat

Reaction score
Thanks guys I will order a couple next week.

Pem Tech

Reaction score
Whose airframe tubing are you measuring it against? i noticed the Estes 3" tubing in my Big Daddy is about 1/16 smaller than most other 3" HPR tubing such as LOC, which i was hoping to use to make an ebay-extension for it.
The Mercury NC's are way too small for LOC tubing, which is actually what we had purchased them for, the entire NC will fit inside a LOC 3" BT. I believe they are for the Estes style tube.

FROB

Reaction score
I just peeked at the Estes site to see if by chance they finally added the Big Daddy N/C to their spare parts list, got this instead- so theres some hope:
Replacement & Spare Parts

We are currently redesigning our spare parts purchasing section, as well as adding additional spare parts for our customers. Please call 1-866-532-6962 to place an order. Thank-you.

El Cheapo

Reaction score
Just measured my Mercury nosecone. It came in at 3.075. The BT from Mercury measures 2.990

FROB

Reaction score
Just measured my Mercury nosecone. It came in at 3.075. The BT from Mercury measures 2.990
Can i ask you to check the circumference of the shoulder?
the most accurate way is to tighly wrap a piece of paper around it and mark where the edgecomes to, the unfurl and measure with a ruler. the divide by Pi for Diameter.

By the way, i found Mercury's site: http://www.mercury-rockets.com/index.html
they have some cool and really inexpensive kits! shipping is low too, now i'm temped to order some too... its all your fault! ;):p:)

El Cheapo

Reaction score
shoulder measured w/my caliper @ 2.923. Soloman @ Merc is a great guy. His measurements on the components page are dead on from what i just measured. I happened to have my girls Invador out for a small repair so it's sitting right in front of me. This one flies on interchangeable 1x24, 2x24, 3x24, 3x18 and 1x29mm when I get around to ordering the mount w/my next purchase. It will be an RDR that flies on 1x29, 2x24 and 3x24.

Latest posts