3 new NewWay kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, as previously mentioned, those looks like overlaps, so no actual grooves at all, instead you get bumps.

The Geometric looks cool. "Feel free" to post a build thread. :)

Hmm, as previously mentioned, those looks like overlaps, so no actual grooves at all, instead you get bumps.

The Geometric looks cool. "Feel free" to post a build thread. :)
Well, maybe an ever so slight ripple in spots, but compared to the fill and finish I do on carbon and FG laminate, it is nothing.

Yeah, it depends. Some tubes, like the white tube below, have deep spirals.
The brown tube has overlapping seams and no spirals.
0617201112[1].jpg

I just finished a New Way Flat Boy and, as you can see, the sides are pretty flat, LOL. I used Elmers Wood Filler thinned just a bit with water. Really easy, really fast. After sanded sort of flat I used Kilz primer and sanded that. Krylon paint.

Really love the New Way kits.

IMG_9245.jpg

There are 3 versions of the square tubes. There is the overlap, the white with grooves and brown with grooves. Since I order in relatively small quantities, I have tried to get better tubes each time. That hasn’t always worked out. The overlap tube was a mistake. A communication error. Like any industry, tubing makers have their own nomenclature and I didn’t know it. The smaller tube has the overlap until I run out. The large tube (1.33”) I once had with the overlap then with white outer wrap. Now it’s back to brown with a groove. The white didn’t make them better. I’m hoping to get a tighter gap next time. Fingers crossed.

Meh, might as well post this here.
Assembled the NewWay Honest John today.
0625201810[1].jpg

One day build. Shaping the spinner motor housings was the most tedious part.
0625201812[1].jpg

These will go on after the nose cone is filled.
Putting together the nose cone was a gas.
Parts fit together perfectly.
Love the little extras, like heat shrink tubing, sandpaper, glue applicators (Q-tips), etc.
Finished pic whenevah.

New Way Square rockets are fantastic kits with very high quality components, including the tubes - I am a huge fan. I seriously recommend them to anyone who loves rockets, how many people can say they built a functioning square rocket ?They even lend themselves to kit bash (just like old school round rockets :) )
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/new-way-too-square.149596/

I hate you guys!

I was like totally okay with not having any square rockets in my build pile, until I made the mistake of reading this thread....
I can't order any more rockets atm as my near future better half has requested "in very strong terms" that I build some of what I have (35+ kits) before I pull the trigger again. I guess I'll have to add some New Way kits to my Christmas list.

T- ~6 months...

Edit: And Kuririn, I am trying really really hard to ignore your Goonie posts....

I hate you guys!

I was like totally okay with not having any square rockets in my build pile, until I made the mistake of reading this thread....
I can't order any more rockets atm as my near future better half has requested "in very strong terms" that I build some of what I have (35+ kits) before I pull the trigger again. I guess I'll have to add some New Way kits to my Christmas list.

T- ~6 months...

Edit: And Kuririn, I am trying really really hard to ignore your Goonie posts....
So, quickly build two kits. Then you've satisfied the requirement of "build some of what (you) have." [grin]

I really like all of the rockets and kits that New Way makes. Do you know how to got a hold of them, the contact page on their site is not working. I just wanted to ask then to make a mini version of the Quad Goblin.

I really like all of the rockets and kits that New Way makes. Do you know how to got a hold of them, the contact page on their site is not working. I just wanted to ask then to make a mini version of the Quad Goblin.
Rick is a registered member here as @Bluegrass Rocket

You can try to start a conversation with him.

Rick is on the forum here as @Bluegrass Rocket, so you can try PMing him. I'm not sure how often he checks in here, so don't expect a fast response.

In the meantime, I just amused myself by pondering a Newway version of the Mars Longship. The nose would be epic. :)

[D'oh, ninja'd by @heada]

I am currently building the Starship Deceptor - really cool kit, amazing quality and detail on the parts, instructions and kit extras - seriously, unbelievable how well put together Newway is.

I love most of the New Way rocket designs. I have yet to pull the trigger, but it's not due to want. I have a very large build queue and open kits. I'm especially fond of the remakes of the Estes classics.

I am currently building the Starship Deceptor - really cool kit, amazing quality and detail on the parts, instructions and kit extras - seriously, unbelievable how well put together Newway is.
8E70264E-3DBF-4660-ADAC-A95C2BE7E5EF.jpeg

Looks cool. That forward ring makes me wonder about stability. Does it have extra nose weight?

Back