3" Inch Aluminum Bulkheads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mendal

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Recently machined up a batch of 3" Aluminum Bulkheads.

These feature:
Built-in Wire Retainer
#8-32 threaded holes for mounting 3 gram charge wells (Discount available on charge wells with purchase of bulkheads)
holes 2inches on center for 1/4"-20 Threaded Rods
holes for a 1/4" U-Bolt
Stepped Aluminum will fit 3" Fiberglass Body tubes

Machined from aircraft grade aluminum, currently unfinished, could be coated for an additional fee. Contact me for more information about the coating process.

$30 each - Currently have 6 available, I can run more if there is interest.

image2.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

If you coat it, it would blend in with every other AV bay out there. I'd leave it ''in the white''.

Those look great.

Wow, those are awesome! What are the options for coating? Annodizing? Powdercoat?
I coat them with a ceramic based paint that is meant for aluminum. It is very durable, chemical resistant (gun powder residue cleans off very easily) and heat resistant to 1800 degree F. The colors I have available right now are Red and Black.

The coating process involves sand blasting and chemically treating the plates prior to spraying them.

Recently machined up a batch of 3" Aluminum Bulkheads.

These feature:
Built-in Wire Retainer
#8-32 threaded holes for mounting 3 gram charge wells (Discount available on charge wells with purchase of bulkheads)
holes 2inches on center for 1/4"-20 Threaded Rods
holes for a 1/4" U-Bolt
Stepped Aluminum will fit 3" Fiberglass Body tubes

Machined from aircraft grade aluminum, currently unfinished, could be coated for an additional fee. Contact me for more information about the coating process.

$30 each - Currently have 6 available, I can run more if there is interest.

View attachment 507346
View attachment 507347
View attachment 507348
Very very nice. Really like the wire retention and cover. Three thumbs up.....
👍👍👍

I'd have an interest in you decide to expand to 54MM. Please let us know. Other members may also be interested.

I'd have an interest in you decide to expand to 54MM. Please let us know. Other members may also be interested.

I do custom bulkheads all the time. Shoot me an email and we can discuss your project.

Back