3" Goblin Bash

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruiser

Reaction score
So I have been looking at bashing a Der Big Red Max into a Goblin. I've been running the numbers based off Goblin 7237 kit and the Der Big Red Max 9721 kit

The scaling factor for going from the 1.33 diameter kit to 3" is 2.25

The body tube is 9 inches so the upscale would be 20.25

The nose cone is 5 inches so the upscale would be 11.25

Both the body tube and nose cone is 14 so the upscale would be 31.5

Now then the body tube in the Der Big Red Max is 15.5 inches so it will need to be longer, no problem there...

The nose cone is 12.5 inches long which is 1 1/4 inches longer than the upscale size

Because the nose cone is longer I have two options...

1) make the body tube shorter from the upscale dimension of 20.25 to 19 inches so that I keep the overall length of 31.5 inches

or

2) stick with the upscale body tube size of 20.25 and just have an longer overall length of 32.75 inches

Such hard decisions :)
-Bob

I'd opt for shortening the tube and painting in a scale manner, most likely. But since its all for a fun hobby, either one works.

Sandy.

I decided not to cut anything so it will be a little longer. It is coming out to 33 inches overall versus the scaled up size of 31.5 inches.

That's fine though because other than the few people who read this thread, no one will know unless they ask and by the time I take it out to the field I will have forgotten :)

Paint won't be exactly scale either but definitely inspired by the box art.

-Bob

Back