3.5" V2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Cheapo

Reaction score
Well, sort of. Here's my second attempt at making a 2l bottle rocket. This time I went w/rear ejection. There are no modifications to the bottle. The tail cone is manila file folder material as well as engine tube and fin laminate. Fins are cardboard and amazingly strong due to laminate. The core tube for motor mount and rear ejection is an amazingly thick toilet paper tube. I rolled some more file folder material about 1.25" long and put a balsa plug in one end. This is CA'd into neck of bottle to ad or remove nose weight through the cap. I built it to fly on 18mm but not quite sure a C6 will do the trick. Luckily all I have to do is make centering rings and glue them to a 24mm engine tube and we're good to go. This was made for my 4yro nephew's birthday and will fly (or hopefully not crash) tomorrow.

IMAG0399.jpg

Looking forward to the launch report! I like the open clear plastic -- which is crying out for a LED in the bottle cap for a night flight. ;-)

I'm just hoping it flies on a C. It's pretty heavy. We'll be launching a handful of tp tube rockets and scratch stuff as well.

This one is more or less a practice rocket. I was in kind of a rush for the lil' guys birthday gift. The fin laminate didn't get enough time to dry so there is a bit of warp despite them being bulletproof. I also forgot to put the bulkhead in tail cone but it should be okay without it. I wasn't going to go with paper tail cone either but I cut the only other matching bottle wrong so paper was the only other alternative at the time.

Back