GO 3-5 SEP - Freedom Launch 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, I'd love to see those! PM incoming.

Douglas, Ft Valley, and Orangeburg, as well as a lot of other fields were owned by Supersod. The Douglas field was a seed field for their other fields.
I have videos from 1993 on and they include launches at Douglas, Ft Valley, and Orangeburg. I can also burn them to DVD and mail. They are 2 hour 8mm tape rips and run 1-3GB. Raw footage, no editing.
Tom,

If you burn a copy of your videos, I will edit them and make a promo video for the club.

I am planning to be there on Saturday around midday. I will have some HPR new kits for sale. I will be driving the Tesla Model Y SUV with a Thule on top if anyone wants to come by and check out the kits!

By the way, I loved the BBQ truck at the NSL. Any chance they could make a quick drive-by? If not this time, maybe in the future?
What do you have for sale?

Douglas was a sod field also. I flew with Bob Confrey from Atlanta. Tom Binford flew there also.

Lots of experimental stuff also. I built a few 29 mm motors and most blew up. The launches were run by a guy named John Cato, who I heard later got in trouble with Tripoli, but that is just a faint memory.

I remember that Bob and a friend build a 2 stage big rocket. His friend had convinced his wife to let him buy a camcorder to take pictures of the kids. They were very expensive in those days. The first week he got it, they put it in the big 2 stage rocket. The rocket went up a few hundred feet and turned left. Bob said the largest piece of the camcorder was about an inch square.

I never saw Bob's friend at a launch again.
I've seen Bob Confrey (original Prefect of Tripoli Atlanta, before Tim Eiszner) recently at the Alford Memorial Hamfest at the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds. (https://stonemountainhamfest.com/) I'm planning on attending this year. He usually has filament wound fiberglass and carbon tubing suitable for making motors for sale. First time I saw him at the hamfest, I bought a roll of solder from him.

Tom,

If you burn a copy of your videos, I will edit them and make a promo video for the club.
Videos from 1993 till 2018. Raw footage, most single tape rips. 38 DVDs

Attachments

• index.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 0
I've posted my videos from the launch.
TV400 flights
Jet minivan and mini cycle
Freedom launches see description for the info I have.

Back