3:1 Nosecone 4" diameter for Patriot HP build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyD

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've searched and searched but cannot locate a particular plastic nosecone for a 4" Patriot high-power build.

Specifically, I'm looking for the traditional Patriot nosecone shape and dimensions (3:1 Ogive) but with a pointed tip, basically the same dimensions as the Estes low power kit.

I bought a 3:1 from LOC earlier this year, but it has a very rounded tip on it. Once fitting it up to the build, I just don't like it at all.

Is there anyone here that can provide me with some assistance finding a 4" diamter, 3:1 (or close to it), Ogive nosecone for my build?

Thank you!

I've looked at the MadCow 4", but it's pretty short, something like a 2:1 ratio. It seems odd to me that I can't find a 3:1.

I've looked at PML, LOC, MadCow, Giant Leap, Apogee, really everywhere I can think of. On a 2.6" BullPup, I cut a 4:1 down to a 3:1, but refitting the shoulder inside the cut down NC was pretty much a PITA.

Maybe that's what I'm going to have to do here, but I hold out hope......................................................................

I think I just bought a new-to-me one of these, originally by hawk. I'll take a look when it comes in the mail.

Back