2x quest intruder?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doxiedog315

Reaction score
Has anyone done one? if so,can i get the sizes of the pieces? for D power?.

hey, Intruder is a great kit!! we flew ours yesterday a couple times, B6-4 works great on a small field ...

first thing I would do is check on EMRR. ah, there are a couple reviews

https://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/kits/qst_intruder.html

nope no upscale, you might be the first!

hey, just grab the rocksim and you've got the dimensions:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/rocksim/quest_intruder.rkt

for a 2x I would definitely put a 24mm motor mount in there. you will be flying on D12 at least.

have fun and as we always say on TRF: Post Pictures!!!

Getting the hots for this one,2.5 upscale=38.5 long,2.46 body F-20 power? can't run roc sim,computer to slow.can you e-mail me some screen shots?:)

SkyPirate (eric vandergriff) has done a 1.36x and 3x. You might want to look over his site and possibly contact him.

-bill

hey, my eyes just popped out! those upscales are sweeeeeeeeet!

if I were a monster XML coder I would write an upscale/downscale utility for rocksim files. but the way it is right now you have to do it all manually. Intruder is a pretty stable design and rocksim doesn't add much, it's handy if you have it though.

doxiedog, you ought to just measure the Intruder you have and go from there. the fins would be pretty easy to lay out & cut.

good luck getting a finish like those though!!

Originally posted by cls
if I were a monster XML coder I would write an upscale/downscale utility for rocksim files. but the way it is right now you have to do it all manually.
I've already written one. A few guys here have tested it out. It's rough at the moment, but I could make it presentable. I quit working on it (expect for private use) as no one really seemed interested. If folks want access to it, let me know and I'll dust it off and see what I can do.

Here's the Thread

-bill

wyldbill, I would LOVE to mess around with your java rocksim-scaler app. can you make the source available too?

Originally posted by cls
wyldbill, I would LOVE to mess around with your java rocksim-scaler app. can you make the source available too?
I've taken the code out of cold storage an dusted it off. I'll try to get the app presentable and online in the next couple of weeks. I've already spent a few hours refactoring it (doncha love the objectivity that time brings?)

As far as the code goes, I don't like to give my source away for lots of different reasons.

Look for a new thread when I get it ready.

-bill

I sure understand not wanting to put your code out. I wanted to play with it a bit, try to help out where I could. either way, up to you.

Back