29mm supplies

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stewart32

Reaction score
Looking for a vendor of 29mm motor tubes/rings to scratch estes "BT" sized tubes. Suggestions?

Thanks

The one I got was from PML, and I got it from a local vendor at last month's launch...

WW

Metman,

Seems to be a pleathora of supplies for 13/18/24 sized motors including motor mount tubes. Near as I can tell estes doesn,t produce a 29mm tube convinient to their other BT sizes. I guess I will have to seek a vendor who stocks 29mm motor mounts and mmt rings which will fit these smaller BT. I specifically would like to mod a Estes Stormcaster for AT RMS power. Any suggestions?

Thanks folks.

Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
LOC 29 mm tube is a slip fit into BT-55.

A 55 size tube coupler makes a tight fit, requiring sanding of the motor tube, and a BT55 does indeed slip over freely. What's better depends on the application.

Check out BMS (link above). They carry both newer "mm" sizing parts as well as traditional Estes and Centuri sizes, and plenty of adapter pieces to go between. I've found it beneficial to add the newer sizes to my experience with the older stuff than to start over with a new set of measurements and relationships. If I didn't make a hobby of bashing birds together out of spare parts, I'd consider the fact that BMS doesn't sell much body stock less than full length (usually 34") to be their only drawback. That, plus lack of plastic noses.

On the other hand they sell full length coupler tube stock, very useful for beefing up large low power birds for midpower flight. Their largest body stock is heavy duty BT80. They could keep you going all the way to HPR.

I'm not sure how close the fit is, but LOC's 29 to 38mm adapter might fit the bill. The rings that come with it, are the paper wrap style, so if it's tight, you could either sand it down, or peel a layer at a time till it does fit. If it's too loose, add layers of paper type masking tape then soak with epoxy.

Originally posted by astrowolf67
I'm not sure how close the fit is, but LOC's 29 to 38mm adapter might fit the bill. The rings that come with it, are the paper wrap style, so if it's tight, you could either sand it down, or peel a layer at a time till it does fit. If it's too loose, add layers of paper type masking tape then soak with epoxy.

Unless the adapter is the same style as the 24/29 adapter, which is a single THICK tube.

Stewart,

BMS has centering rings for 29mm-BT55 (CR52H55-F) and 29mm-BT60 (CR52H60-F). Sounds like the latter is what you need for your Stormcaster.

MetMan

Back