29mm Priority Cinco

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've printed out the templates as actual size for the Priority Cinco and have cut out the MMT. The instructions say the MMT is 5 inches long and the sides are 7/8" wide. My MMT template is 5 inches long but the sides are only 3/4" wide. When folded and assembled the MMT will hold a 24mm motor perfectly, a 29mm isn't even close. The template for the top and bottom, printed on the same piece of cardstock is the exact size as described in the instructions. So, is this a 24mm Cinco or is the template for the MMT the wrong size?

I've printed out the templates as actual size for the Priority Cinco and have cut out the MMT. The instructions say the MMT is 5 inches long and the sides are 7/8" wide. My MMT template is 5 inches long but the sides are only 3/4" wide. When folded and assembled the MMT will hold a 24mm motor perfectly, a 29mm isn't even close. The template for the top and bottom, printed on the same piece of cardstock is the exact size as described in the instructions. So, is this a 24mm Cinco or is the template for the MMT the wrong size?
Mike,
The motor mount template is correct for a 29mm motor. The 29mm Priority Cinco should made using corrugated cardboard at least 0.1 inches thick. The motor mount template should be printed on regular 20 or 24 lb printer paper, cut out and then glued to the corrugated cardboard. Cardstock is not needed for the templates.

When glued to the corrugated cardboard the motor mount should be folded with the template on the inside. There is no extra "tab" to glue the motor mount together. When folded, the motor mount should form a 5-sided tube with each of the 5 sides roughly 7/8" wide on the outside. A 29mm motor should fit very snugly inside the motor mount once it's glued into the Top and Bottom. There will be some flattening of the cardboard on the inside of the motor mount and you may have to use a little force to get the motor to go in the first time, but if you wiggle it around a little it should go in without tearing the cardboard.

The motor mount should hold the motor without any other material. Note: the motor must have a good thrust ring at it's base like the current versions of Aerotech single-use motors. The thrust ring on the Aerotech RMS 29/40-120 reload casing isn't big enough to keep the motor from passing through the motor mount under thrust. Be sure to use plenty of glue to hold the parts together. I recommend using only Elmer's Glue-all. Do not substitute Elmer's School Glue or Carpenter's Glue. School Glue is not strong enough and Carpenter's glue shrinks as it dries and gets brittle over time. Expect to get no more than 10 flights out of a Cinco before its time to replace it.

I hope this helps and good luck,

Art Applewhite

Back