29mm lenths?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidsheeep

Reaction score
how long is a 29 mm engine? do they vary because i was looking around and some seemed alot shorter than others... just wondering...

They get pretty long but the F20s are the shortest I think The longest is probably the 29/240 reload.

err im just wondering... why is there no standard? can u buy a kit then not use a certain engine with it? or is it just that it will stick out of the mount alittle further?

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
err im just wondering... why is there no standard? can u buy a kit then not use a certain engine with it? or is it just that it will stick out of the mount alittle further?

Generally, when you go above Mid power, using 29mm, you do not put a motor block in your motor tube. Many of the reload motors come with a motor block, or thrust ring, built into the motor casing itself. Yes their are many lengths of 29 mm motor, with the longest, non-hybrid, being the 29-360. The shortest 29mm I am aware of is the Aerotech reloadable 29 40-120 case, for E thru G power. If there is a local club, try to attend one of their launches, and lurk around and ask questions. Most of the hobbies people are very friendly. That is how I learned about High Power. You might try going to www.flyrockets.com .You can look around at their motor simulations, then go th some of their vendors links to find information for the motors. Happy hunting, and if you have more questions, be sure to ask, as some one here has the answers.

Happy Flying!

Rabidsheep-going to a club launch is a good idea, but you will become addicted to the BIGGER stuff.:D

not many clubs around here... im about 10 minutes away from nyc... id be willing to drive (or get my mom to) but then it would be limited to her schedule...

Back