29mm Deuce

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_ullman

Reaction score
Well, as most of you know the Deuce I has at NARAM 50 crashed. I made a bad choice by flying 2 G Ellis Mountain motors in it and when a camera was put on it, I listend to the RSO who seemed to have no idea what he was talking about and wanted us to move the camera lower to worry about the CP. Im worried about the CG!!!!

So I am now rebuilding it. I am going to try and redo the MM section but I might just rebuild it. Its pretty far gone ;) the nosecone is good and my 29mm Retainers are fine. Other than that I think I will rebuild it.

Pics to follow tonight

Ben

<wanted us to move the camera lower to worry about the CP.>

More weight forward is always a safer play...

More weight rearward usually raises questions...which is why clustering lots of motors or going to bigger, heavier motors is usually something to verify with stability checks.

There is an old saying in RC aircraft flying...a nose heavy plane will fly, just not well well.
A tail heavy plane will fly.....................................once.

Well, as most of you know the Deuce I has at NARAM 50 crashed. I made a bad choice by flying 2 G Ellis Mountain motors in it and when a camera was put on it, I listend to the RSO who seemed to have no idea what he was talking about and wanted us to move the camera lower to worry about the CP. Im worried about the CG!!!!

So I am now rebuilding it. I am going to try and redo the MM section but I might just rebuild it. Its pretty far gone ;) the nosecone is good and my 29mm Retainers are fine. Other than that I think I will rebuild it.

Pics to follow tonight

Ben

Well, I intended to go with 2 H97 Black Jacks. I should have stuck to the plan. This is the fault of the vendors there, he told me how cool a 5 sec burn would look in that Deuce, I listened :p

Ben

You can't blame the vendors. Only you how you built your rocket, so only you should know what will be best for it. I know in deciding which motors to use for my Manta Bomber, I did lots of research, compared motor combinations based on weight and so on. But I knew how I built and how heavy it was and so on. So the point is, if you know what motors you think are best for that rocket, then you are probably correct.

You can't blame the vendors. Only you how you built your rocket, so only you should know what will be best for it. I know in deciding which motors to use for my Manta Bomber, I did lots of research, compared motor combinations based on weight and so on. But I knew how I built and how heavy it was and so on. So the point is, if you know what motors you think are best for that rocket, then you are probably correct.

I know its my choice. I was kidding about the vendors.

Ben

So where are the pics your promised last night?;)

So where are the pics your promised last night?;)

I went to get on putfile and I can't remember my username/password! :eek:

Ill get to them tonight. Its the same Deuce as before, just using PML tubing!

Ben

Back