• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

29/38mm Hardware - Buy / Sell / Trade

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
UPDATED 3-10-12
During the last 8-10 months, I've been slowly putting together a complete set of motor hardware for MPR rockets, and I'm almost done - just a few more bits are needed. But also, along the way I've acquired a couple bits that are redundant.

So, I'm interested in buying or selling or trading on these last few bits. I'll list asking prices for the items I've got for sale, but if you've got something I want that you'd like to trade with (or I might buy outright), let me know.

My asking prices include shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states (I'll sell elsewhere with an appropriate shipping upcharge). If you get multiple items, I'll knock off $5 off each item after the first one. Paypal is fine, money orders are fine, and I'd even consider personal checks from folks who are longtime regulars here on TRF.

Pricing is roughly half of what you'd pay to buy something similiar today for new, plus $5 for shipping. I think that's a pretty good deal, yes?

WHAT I'VE GOT FOR SALE:
* Dr. Rockets 29/240 case, used in Excellent condition - $24 shipped - (SOLD)
* Dr. Rockets 38/360 case, used in Very Good condition - $26 shipped - (SOLD)
* Dr. Rockets 38/480 case, used in Very Good condition - $28 shipped
* CTI ProDAT 38mm delay tool, used in Very Good condition - $12 shipped - (SOLD)

WHAT I'M LOOKING TO GET:
* a 29mm Plugged/Tapped forward closure.
* a couple of 38mm Plugged or Plug/Tapped forward closures. (GOT IT, Thanks)
* a 29mm and a 38mm Aft closure.
* a 29mm seal disc. - (GOT IT, Thanks)
* a CTI 29mm 6 grain case.
For the closures, either Rouse or Aerotech or Dr. Rockets will do. I'm also not too picky about specific colors.

I will give preference & "first dibs" in order of the pm's I receive, but with strong consideration for the concept of "money talks". So, if you've got or want something along these lines, get in touch and we'll deal.

thanks all, s6

drcasesBST.jpg

Last edited:
- a little bump -

So....a couple days, 128 views, and..........1 PM, but no response otherwise. Hmmmmm. It seems the answer is "no" then?

I'll leave these on offer here a bit longer, but I guess I need to go the E(vil)bay route. I'll probably list them there in another day or two. (For that one PM, get back to me on Tuesday once things on your end are in order.)

s6

During the last 8-10 months, I've been slowly putting together a complete set of motor hardware for MPR rockets, and I'm almost done - just a few more bits are needed. But also, along the way I've acquired a couple bits that are redundant.

So, I'm interested in buying or selling or trading on these last few bits. I'll list asking prices for the items I've got for sale, but if you've got something I want that you'd like to trade with (or I might buy outright), let me know.

My asking prices include shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states (I'll sell elsewhere with an appropriate shipping upcharge). If you get multiple items, I'll knock off $5 off each item after the first one. Paypal is fine, money orders are fine, and I'd even consider personal checks from folks who are longtime regulars here on TRF.

Pricing is roughly half of what you'd pay to buy something similiar today for new, plus $5 for shipping. I think that's a pretty good deal, yes?

WHAT I'VE GOT FOR SALE:
* Dr. Rockets 29/240 case, used in Excellent condition - $24 shipped
* Dr. Rockets 38/360 case, used in Very Good condition - $26 shipped
* Dr. Rockets 38/480 case, used in Very Good condition - $28 shipped
* CTI ProDAT 38mm delay tool, used in Very Good condition - $12 shipped

WHAT I'M LOOKING TO GET:
* a couple of 29mm and 38mm Plugged or Plug/Tapped forward closures.
* a couple of 29mm and 38mm Aft closures.
* a 29mm seal disc.
* a CTI 29mm 6 grain case.
For the closures, either Rouse or Aerotech or Dr. Rockets will do. I'm also not too picky about specific colors.

I will give preference & "first dibs" in order of the pm's I receive, but with strong consideration for the concept of "money talks". So, if you've got or want something along these lines, get in touch and we'll deal.

thanks all, s6

I ahve been looking into the reloadable motors as my tastes are moving toward larger rockets. However, in trying to educate myself before purchase I find I am confused about the names.designations of these motors and what I should get. For example what do all the numbers mean when you describe 29/240 case or 38/360 case etc?

Sorry for the noob question, just don't want to buy something I cannot use.

Well, In RMS casings the first number is the diameter (18,24,29,38 etc) and the second number is the amount of Newtons that casing can handle. the 29/240 are all H reloads, and the 38/360 are H and I. the larger the second number, the bigger the motor.

Well, In RMS casings the first number is the diameter (18,24,29,38 etc) and the second number is the amount of Newtons that casing can handle. the 29/240 are all H reloads, and the 38/360 are H and I. the larger the second number, the bigger the motor.

Cool thanks

Updated with items bought/sold noted.

Thanks so far to:
Inerax, T-Rex, Upscaler, bill2654, & rcktman -
All good folk, anyone interested in doing business with them in the future - do so with confidence.

s6

Back