---

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contact: StickerShock 123. They did some chrome flames for me. It's vynil peel and stick, very "chrom-ie".

Good strong stuff. I had a deploy failure last weekend at CMASS. Nose cone sepperation.:mad:

Body tube Core Sampled. Sticker stayed nice and intact, despite being stuck to the nose cone edge of the body tube.

Got about two inches of grass plug in the tube. Shook it out real hard, replace Nose, fly again!

Still looks Chrome-tastic. I'll snap a photo next time I get home.

I used to use "Bare Metal Foil" on my 1:25 scale cars. That stuff isn't really great for large areas unless you're really careful about not folding or scratching it. If you need mirror finish, the pressure-sensitive Monokote brand trim material is a good choice.

You can get monokote in a chrome finish. Tower Hobby has it. Here is the regular sized sheet.

Chrome Monokote

They have the smaller, trim pieces too. I found some at a LHS. It's usually only a few dollars for the trim pieces....about six inches wide and a few ft. long. Enough for quite a few LPR projects.

Chrome trim Monokote

Be aware, though, you want the pressure-sensitive stuff. Unless things have changed since my last R/C airplane build the 6' rolls are iron-on and heat shrink. That stuff irons down really well to balsa and itself, but not too much else.

I've found chrome sheets the size of typing paper 6 for 1.25 at Micheal's . Peel and stick. Many other craft stores have it also.Comes in many chrome colors...red, green, gold, blue, holographic.

attachment-1_3.jpg

I haven't used any "chrome decals". I have used the metal duct tape, the kind that is really used on ducts. It comes on a large roll with backing paper. You can cut it to shape and then peel and apply. So far, the only time I've used it was on the leading edges of the fins on my L2 bird to prevent the fiberglass from delaminating from the wood during high speed flights. It did flash quite bright in the sun as it was coming down.

I used chrome monokote trim sheets for the nose cone and payload section of my Hot Flash. The flames are from Graphix and Stuff and the lettering is from Sticker Shock. the trim sheets are fairly easy to work with. Just take your time smoothing them down slowly and work out all the bubbles as you go.

Cliff

IMG_4593.jpg

Ooh! Good sources. I'm going to need something shiny for my doorknob. Subscribe: on.

BMS sells the Chrome monokote adhesive. They have several other colors available as well, but not white.

Contact: StickerShock 123. They did some chrome flames for me. It's vynil peel and stick, very "chrom-ie".

Good strong stuff. I had a deploy failure last weekend at CMASS. Nose cone sepperation.:mad:

Body tube Core Sampled. Sticker stayed nice and intact, despite being stuck to the nose cone edge of the body tube.

Got about two inches of grass plug in the tube. Shook it out real hard, replace Nose, fly again!

Still looks Chrome-tastic. I'll snap a photo next time I get home.

I can make chrome for you to fit anything.

If its cut to size i will sell it by the square inch. ..

Way cheaper than buying Trim tape at the hobby store. and its top quality.

Back