24MM PLUGGED THREADED FORWARD CLOSURE - AeroTech

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a 3rd party that makes a 24MM PLUGGED THREADED FORWARD CLOSURE for 24mm AT Motor Cases?

AeroTech currently offers 29mm and up.

I am working on a 24mm Minimum Diameter design, and would like a more positive motor retention than tape.

TNX

Does anyone know of a 3rd party that makes a 24MM PLUGGED THREADED FORWARD CLOSURE for 24mm AT Motor Cases?

AeroTech currently offers 29mm and up.

I am working on a 24mm Minimum Diameter design, and would like a more positive motor retention than tape.
I've run my 29mm with a tiny bolt sticking up through a nut in the charge well, worked a treat. Don't forget to take the bolt out between firings, it'll corrode up pretty quick.

EDIT: Slapped one into the 24/40, which I'd never actually tried before.

Attachments

• PXL_20210728_013607705~2.jpg
    PXL_20210728_013607705~2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Thanks. I have ordered an AT 24/60 case. I'll try your method when it arrives.

I have a 29mm Dr. Rocket case, and the passfire hole appears to be way smaller than your 24mm AT.

For grins, I tried some 4-40 threaded rod and it fits loosely in the passfire hole in the 29mm Dr. Rocket closure. I bet #6 would be a better fit but I don't have any to try. I have some #8 and it is too large.

What size stud is that in your 24mm AT closure?

29mm.Dr.Rocket.png

29mm.Dr.Rocket-4-40.png

Thanks. I have ordered an AT 24/60 case. I'll try your method when it arrives.

I have a 29mm Dr. Rocket case, and the passfire hole appears to be way smaller than your 24mm AT.

For grins, I tried some 4-40 threaded rod and it fits loosely in the passfire hole in the 29mm Dr. Rocket closure. I bet #6 would be a better fit but I don't have any to try. I have some #8 and it is too large.

What size stud is that in your 24mm AT closure?

View attachment 474795

View attachment 474797
4-40 at a guess. It's just a random threaded object from the parts drawer.

Measure the hole diameter with calibers, or use drill bits to find a 'Go/no go' diameter.

It is also possible a Metric size screw will fit better.

Good Morning,

I see this thread is from about 7 months ago.

Did you ever test the 24/40 threaded rod idea?
Did it work?
Any idea how much heat the rod transferred through the rod?

I ask because I have a project where using a retainer on the aft end is not possible as its on the Sustainer.
I like you idea, but was thinking of using a longer rod, that extends up through the ebay and holds it in place, but I don't want a lot of extra heat transferred into the ebay

Back