24mm Miss Riley

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy Michaelson

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I am thinking about releasing a 24mm minimum diameter 1/4 Scale version of the Miss Riley rocket, with a 3D printed fin can and nose cone, just wondering if there would be any interest out there, which would be limited edition and signed. Attached is a picture of Homer with the kit.

Attachments

• 362B3D3A-669C-4547-88BF-83D276847EC1.jpeg
    362B3D3A-669C-4547-88BF-83D276847EC1.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 137
I am thinking about releasing a 24mm minimum diameter 1/4 Scale version of the Miss Riley rocket, with a 3D printed fin can and nose cone, just wondering if there would be any interest out there, which would be limited edition and signed. Attached is a picture of Homer with the kit.

Depends on the price and what's included . I'd say if you would include 10 feet of 500lb kevlar and a 2 inch by 6 foot steamer for under 39.99 you'd sell alot

7D8777FC-5662-4C44-A9EA-902584961970.jpeg
Depends on the price and what's included . I'd say if you would include 10 feet of 500lb kevlar and a 2 inch by 6 foot steamer for under 39.99 you'd sell alot
There will be a custom red/white/blue combo parachute with a Kevlar shock cord and a signed certificate. I was thinking $49.99 with shipping and tax included, which includes decals. No paint required.

....of course, me being me, I'd have to fly some kind of altimeter in it. Hopefully I could get an FS Mini or MicroPeak up in that nose cone. If not, I could always use the fleece pouch method as I do in other models without dedicated payload sections. In this case, I don't think I'd want to modify the model to have one.

I love that you're bringing back the Miss Riley in various sizes but uhh... if it doesn't have some form of aluminum looking nozzle it ain't a Miss Riley. It's just another 3FNC rocket with a Miss Riley sticker on it. The spun aluminum nozzle of the Miss Riley in the movie and the original RocketMan kit was the sh*t that made it awesome! Even your included certificate shows a metal looking nozzle. No, I'm not expecting a little spun aluminum nozzle in a $49 kit, but you could easily 3D print one in silver filament or build one into the printed fin can and just instruct us to color it with a silver sharpie. Then it would look like a Miss Riley, and that would be awesome.

Back