24mm Miss Riley

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Buddy Michaelson

Reaction score
I am thinking about releasing a 24mm minimum diameter 1/4 Scale version of the Miss Riley rocket, with a 3D printed fin can and nose cone, just wondering if there would be any interest out there, which would be limited edition and signed. Attached is a picture of Homer with the kit.

Attachments

3stoogesrocketry

Reaction score
I am thinking about releasing a 24mm minimum diameter 1/4 Scale version of the Miss Riley rocket, with a 3D printed fin can and nose cone, just wondering if there would be any interest out there, which would be limited edition and signed. Attached is a picture of Homer with the kit.

Depends on the price and what's included . I'd say if you would include 10 feet of 500lb kevlar and a 2 inch by 6 foot steamer for under 39.99 you'd sell alot

Buddy Michaelson

Reaction score
7D8777FC-5662-4C44-A9EA-902584961970.jpeg
Depends on the price and what's included . I'd say if you would include 10 feet of 500lb kevlar and a 2 inch by 6 foot steamer for under 39.99 you'd sell alot
There will be a custom red/white/blue combo parachute with a Kevlar shock cord and a signed certificate. I was thinking $49.99 with shipping and tax included, which includes decals. No paint required.

HonestJohn

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what material are the nose cone and fin can made from?

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
I might be interested.

BEC

Reaction score
I'd be interested in one (two?) as well. It would be a fun one to fly at NSL this year, and that looks doable, seeing as you already have parts and such it looks like.

BEC

Reaction score
....of course, me being me, I'd have to fly some kind of altimeter in it. Hopefully I could get an FS Mini or MicroPeak up in that nose cone. If not, I could always use the fleece pouch method as I do in other models without dedicated payload sections. In this case, I don't think I'd want to modify the model to have one.

Wally Ferrer

SRE
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
There's not a lot of week left, is Buddy going to make an announcement? Inquiring minds want to know... 🤔 😄

MisterMan

Reaction score
I love that you're bringing back the Miss Riley in various sizes but uhh... if it doesn't have some form of aluminum looking nozzle it ain't a Miss Riley. It's just another 3FNC rocket with a Miss Riley sticker on it. The spun aluminum nozzle of the Miss Riley in the movie and the original RocketMan kit was the sh*t that made it awesome! Even your included certificate shows a metal looking nozzle. No, I'm not expecting a little spun aluminum nozzle in a $49 kit, but you could easily 3D print one in silver filament or build one into the printed fin can and just instruct us to color it with a silver sharpie. Then it would look like a Miss Riley, and that would be awesome.